How many PofO fans are musicians?

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
Ok, ignore the fancy-schmancy colour. I was just playing with the options.

How many of PofO's fans have a band or play an instrument?
This isn't just the generic "what instrument do you play" thread. Look:

If you have a band or have recordings of your music online, post a link to it here.

I used to use the John Petrucci forum and a lot of people trade links to their stuff. It's good to hear what people into similar music to yourself create, and to get feedback from fans of similar music to your own tastes on your own stuff.

So, post a link to your stuff!

I am not a music, but had my financial circumstances been different growing up, I might be the next Sean Reinert :p Really, though, I always wanted to play drums and I do have a good ear for stuff generally, or at least I notice myself having the same opinions about musicians that other musicians do, and generally not the same as regular fans. (of course, PoO probably doesn't have any of those fans, as they wouldn't appreciate the band, anyway). That is all.

lol, its been a big success lol. i play the drums. but ive barely been really trying to really play them, so i suck. listening to power of omens (especially alex) helps me try harder to be the "best that i can be" lol you can say.

:lol: Nail that and all you'll need is a decent beard. You'll soon find that gas station attendents will all be beautiful (in an 80's sort of way) women who'll 'bop' around your car, perhaps, if you're lucky, cleaning the windscreen with their breast(eses) :)

Check your car keys. I bet the keyring has already morphed into a double Z already.

I've got some of their stuff. They are fantastic, but I just find their stuff a little too abstract to listen to that often. Really technical and fantastic playing by all 3. But there's no emphasis on "song".
That's not necessarilly a bad thing, it's just I like it more when bands like PofO and Dream Theater manage to combine technicality with good song writing.
Anyone who doesn't know it should check it out, yeah.

I think they have some songs on mp3.com. I got Spastic Ink's Peppered Cancer from there.

Yeah, I can only listen to it every now and then. They don't have really good song structures and they don't really have melodies, but the playing is just phenomenal. Bobby Jarzombek is coming out with an instructional drum video soon and I can't wait to get my hands on that.

I just got my mp3 approved by mp3.com and it's now available.

So, I hereby christen this PofO fans' "post your music" thread operable!

www.mp3.com/lee_cassidy

I put one file on there so far, and it's pretty basic, but I plan to put more on there as I work out more of what I can do with Reason, the virtual studio package.
Anyone interested, check it out and let me know what you think. Criticisms are ultra (ultima?) welcome :)

Hey Asmodeus!

Well, I use an ART Nightbass preamp...typically with just some compression, and slight chorus for my main sound... Now for solos and whatnot, I've been known to toss in some heavy verbs, distortion, flange, delay, the kitchen sink, etc- you name it...whatever tickles my fancy at the time...LOL.

What Yamaha model do you play? They're some pretty sweet instruments!

Chris H