How many PofO fans are musicians?

Originally posted by Asmodeus
I was wondering, which guitar and bass efects does POWER OF OMENS use?

I really don't use a whole lot of effects....just the basics... a little reverb for thickness, a slight delay for solos, a nice chorus for clean rythmes, and a harmonizer for certain parts during the songs. All that through my Mesa Boogie Tri-axis.

~D

What kind of music do PoO musicians like to play besides Your fantastic progressive style. Personally, I like to play jazz and fussion music styles, but I also play in a progressive heavy/power metal band

What kind of music do PoO musicians like to play besides Your fantastic progressive style. Personally, I like to play jazz and fussion music styles, but I also play in a progressive heavy/power metal band

Hey there Asmodeus,
Personally, I play flamenco and a bit of jazz and fusion. At the moment I'm also starting to dabble a bit more into New Age. I think anyone can learn from other styles of music. It helps to grow musically, and allows your writing skills to broaden. :D

~D

I would play the bass if I ever pick it up and actually learn how to play it. It is an Ibanez Musician made in the late 70's early 80's maybe. Very beautiful, solid neck all the way through, one pick-up, high gloss finish and weighs a ton..... I also need to get a cheap amp which would help tremendously. :lol:

Chris - Power Of Omens

What do you think about Yamaha bass guitars ?
Personally, I think Yamaha basses are very soft, and I for my style of playing it's just perfect. I also like to play Music Men basses, they're also amazing. Do you have any sugestions which bass guitar I should try, which are your favourite models ? :)

Yes, sorry I forgot McLaughlin, those three + Frank Gambale are my favourite flamenco players, I see in your music that You were inspired a little with those guys :) :)

I see in your music that You were inspired a little with those guys :) :)

Those guys were definitely influences on my flamenco playing... however, I also draw big influences from players such as Jesse Cook, Otmar Liebert, Armik, and Oscar Lopez. These guys are HUGE flamenco influences.

~D

Chris - Power Of Omens

What do you think about Yamaha bass guitars ?
Personally, I think Yamaha basses are very soft, and I for my style of playing it's just perfect. I also like to play Music Men basses, they're also amazing. Do you have any sugestions which bass guitar I should try, which are your favourite models ? :)

I think the Yamahas have a really nice feel and sound- The only thing I haven't personally stumbled across yet is a body that I really "fell in love with"- I love the sound and feel of the Myung model, but hate the body :(

As far as the Music Man goes, The thing sounds fantastic, and plays great- but again, I just have never dug the body...it just doesn't "fit well" against me- it's been an amazing seller for them though!

My recommendations? Hmmmm. It really depends on your playing style...I've ALWAYS been partial to the higher end Ibanez' basses (SR1200, SR1300, SR2000 Prestige series). Due to my technique, I've had better luck setting up the necks on them more so than any other. And I don't think you can find a better buy for the money...and I think the curves are very "sensual"- and fit well against me (whooo, it's getting hot in here...LOL)

That being said, I also like my Conklin 7 string. But it is a beast. The neck feels great, but it's difficult for me to play for any extended amount of time...sounds great, but the bass is HEAVY. But it is also worth checking out!

Chris H

Thanks for your recommendations.
I really never tried to play any Ibanez basses, just guitars, but I will certainly try it.
In my own opinion, the best bass guitar is the one which suits your style of playing and your own taste :) :)

Thanks !

Hi!

I play the drums. I use pacific drumkit and paiste and meinl cymbals. I like progressive drummin' a lot and now I'm trying to find people here in Barcelona (Spain) to play Tech Metal, the music style I love most.

My favorite drummers are Akira Jimbo, Sean Reinert, Bobby Jarzombek, Virgil Donati and Mike Portnoy. They all really kick asses! :rofl: Does anyone know when will the Jarzombek's instructional video be released :-?

Let'z paradiddlin' 'till u die :rofl:DD