How Many Records Have Opeth Sold To Date?

Well yeah I know there are 9 albums, I'm just curious as to how many records they've sold altogether.

I was arguing with some dipshit on IRC and wanted to check my facts.

^Yeah he is joking, he knows 9 for a fact have been sold, because he bought them. Put me down for 13, two gr and bwps, roundhouse and lamentations live cd. 9 vinyls too, if you want that haha.

haha we should get everyone to post how many they've purchased here and assume we're the only ones who own Opeth albums.

Physically, I own 7. I bought Orchid and MR on iTunes because
they're damn impossible to find out here. I think I've only ever
seen those two once, and they were both $30 at the time,
and I only had enough for one, so I bought neither. How smart
am I.

I'm not sure how many, I have them all, and the tin case version of morningrise, both GR releases, deluxe BWP aswell as regular, and most of them on vinyl aswell. Probably other stuff aswell.

More than a million? That's crazy. I don't think so.

More than a million? That's crazy. I don't think so.

Scoping calculation time:

Assumptions:
-5000 people per gig average
-Every person has purchased 10 Opeth albums
-20 different gigs around the world

5000 person/gig x 10 albums/person x 20 gig/world
= 1 million albums

Now you may say that 5000 per show or every person owning albums is pushing it, but you cannot tell me that there aren't way more than 20 gigs with different people worldwide. Also take into account that fans may buy an album more than once.

I read somewhere that Ghost Reveries sold about 90,000 copies worldwide, and that is with Roadrunner's marketing machine behind it. I also read in an interview with Mikael that Still Life has sold at least 30,000 copies in the U.K alone, so that's pretty promising. I don't know about a million albums, that is a rather large amount.

For the record, I also think that 5000 a gig is a bit much. I think it's more in the 2000 area. But it does balance out with the "more than 20 gigs" deal.