How much did you spend on metal in 2010?

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
So give your breakdown of what money you spent on metal or music this year. I know it's not going to be that exact but if you can give a decent believable figure that's good enough. Give the rough breakdowns like me and then a final total. Whoever spent the most is crowned metal king of the year! BTW I've converted mine to dollars to help you yanks out. :)

CDs/DVDs - $300
Magazines - $180
Merchandise - $23
Gigs - $270

Total - $773

We'll make a league table after and whoever comes last is FALSE METAL! Oh and be HONEST! :)

CDs/DVDs - Somewhere in the ballpark of $301
Magazines - just about $181
Merch - Probably around $24
Gigs - around $271

Just rough figures but probably accurate

Haha ya I did. Give me a little time though I'll come up with the real numbers. Didnt really buy any Mags but the rest our numbers will be similar.

Too much as with every year.

This list is most of the stuff I have acquired in 2010. At least 466 CDs so far, that is not everything from the year but most. I was posting Aa list but it was very long.
I really don't need this many CDs and don't plan for it they just add up so fast. And I just discovered today that I need a new CD rack.

CDs/DVDs - Somewhere in the ballpark of $302
Magazines - just about $182
Merch - Probably around $25
Gigs - around $272

BEAT U BOTH!

CDs/DVDs - Somewhere in the ballpark of $302
Magazines - just about $182
Merch - Probably around $25
Gigs - around $272

BEAT U BOTH!

Was it a contest? HAHA
Well to be honest a lot of the CDs
I would be afraid to look back at what I spend on CDs, shows, mags and other merch and year. I average a couple of shows a month, C;assic Rock & Classic Rock Prog every issue, and there seems to be cDs in the mail everyday. Granted a lot are trades, promos, etc still I seem to buy a lot of CDs. Though it is not as bad as it once was. I remember dropping at least a grand every Progpower there for a while. This past year maybe a couple hundred.

Oh good grief... I'm not sure I want to know how much I spent.

CD's - I'm guessing my CD collection increased 250-300, I know I have 72 that were released in 2010, plus all the pre-2010 discs I acquired. A lot of those were used, but a lot weren't. I'll guess around $700 over the course of 2010, but I could be way off.

I don't buy magazines.

Merch - 3-4 t-shirts. Call it $75.

Travel - Atlanta, Chicago, Seattle (x5). At least $1500 for flights, rental cars, hotels and meals.

Tickets - 2 festivals (ProgPower XI & MelodicRockFest2) plus at least 8 other shows (1 left to go - Alter Bridge on the 30th!) I'll guess $450 for tickets.

Total: $2725.

I knew I didn't want to know...

I've spent about 1% of my take home income on metal this year, including concerts, shirts and all that jazz.

whatever my total ProgPower bill was including tix, hotel, food, gas, merch.

I don't go to shows. I go to ProgPower. I don't buy CDs unless I buy them at ProgPower.

I refuse to provide an estimated total as I do not want my marital status to change abruptly.

I will say that I like at least 180 releases from 2010, and I went to eight concerts plus PPUSA this year.

Its kinda a weird question because the costs associated with going to PPUSA (3 round-trip airfare from CA to GA, 3 PPUSA gold badges, 3 nights hotel) will dwarf anything else I spent on "metal". I'd assume this would be a similar case to most people who had to travel long distances for PPUSA.

Like others have stated, I don't want to know how much I've spent on "metal". Enough to max out my primary credit card a couple times throughout the year :p

CDs/DVDs - $4,080
$830 @ the Omega Order
$670 @ eBay
$570 @ Amazon
$310 @ Trollzorn
$300 @ CM Distro
$280 @ CCP Records
$250 @ Einheit Produktionen
$870 @ others

Concerts - $2,030
(45 tickets for 27 concerts + $5 parking fee for each concert)

Flight/Hotel - $800
(trip to LA for Immortal and to Fort Worth for Finntroll/Moonsorrow/StS)

Merch - $80
(2 Megadeth and 1 Helloween shirts)

The Iron Maiden FC (Online) - $16

Total - $7,006

Damn, I've spent way more than I thought I did. :eek:

CDs/DVDs - $4,080
$830 @ the Omega Order
$670 @ eBay
$570 @ Amazon
$310 @ Trollzorn
$300 @ CM Distro
$280 @ CCP Records
$250 @ Einheit Produktionen
$870 @ others

Concerts - $2,030
(45 tickets for 27 concerts + $5 parking fee for each concert)

Flight/Hotel - $800
(trip to LA for Immortal and to Fort Worth for Finntroll/Moonsorrow/StS)

Merch - $80
(2 Megadeth and 1 Helloween shirts)

The Iron Maiden FC (Online) - $16

Total - $7,006

Damn, I've spent way more than I thought I did. :eek:

:OMG: I think you win.

An unfathomable amount. Not so much on CD's this year; must remedy that. No magazines and hardly any merch, but I did go to A LOT of concerts, and ProgPower tacks on the heftiest almount. At least I didn't go to Europe this year.