How much do concerts usually cost?

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
How much do concerts usually cost? I've considered going to see Vital Remains and Monstrosity on April 7 in Nashville, and I may have 50-75 $ to go for it, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough money. Because an hour trip to and from my college costs 15 $, so I'm guessing a trip to Nashville would cost 30 $ in gas, plus the 15 $ to go back to school the next day, and food money and ticket money as well. So I'm undecided so far, even though I'd really like to go, I've never been to a concert before, and if I did I'd just leave Monday morning and spend the day in Nashville, and drive back to my college town sometime. Do you think I should go to the concert and would I have enough to go? I'm guessing tickets are 10-20 $.

I usually pay between 20 and 40 bucks for tickets, and I expect to pay between 15 and 30 for a tour shirt they sell there.

it really depends on the size of venue and the popularity of the artist (which usually dictates the venue size). Like Zeph, most of the shows I go to are between 20 and 40 bucks. For Vital Remains and Monstrosity, it'll be at least $20. If you find out the venue, the venue usually has a website that you can visit and find out what the ticket cost is.

also, never buy tickets from ticketmaster

£9 for train
£8-12 for ticket
£25+ alcohol

Unless it's some 'big' gig and then up to £20 or smt.

Around 25 dollars roughly for a concert. Usually atleast 20 for a shirt, unless they are a mroe unknown band(arsis shirt for like 8 dollars at a small headlining show here)

I rarely pay more than fifty for a ticket.

On average I think most go between $30 and $50. I wanted to catch Mark Knopfler here in Tampa, but tickets are about $90 w/ surcharges.

If you go to a 500+ capacity venue, expect between $25 and $35. If the artists are well known, or it's a major tour up to $50. If you pay more than $50 for anyone less than Judas Priest or some major festival there's something wrong. Shirt price increase with the band's notoriety and age. Maiden shirts = $35 (bastards). Most will be $25.

Not always...because sometimes it'll be hard to get on the internet and you'll have to pay in Euros and pay for shipping from australia or some shit.

With the exception of one used shirt on eBay, every shirt I've bought at concerts has been cheaper than what I can get from sites like plastic head.

No, I won't be getting CD's or shirts at th show, I already have a Burzum and soon to be Cannibal Corpse shirt on the way. I couldnt find the ticket price on The Muse's Site. And I'm still not sure what the price is but it should be less than 20 $ since it's at The Muse.

well, judging by this I'd say wizard might be correct in his estimate of under $20 just by looking at the prices for the other shows (strange how VR/Monstrosity are listed on the calender, but you can't buy the tickets online...hm)

All I will say is dont buy a shirt, its a waste when you can buy it cheaper somewhere else.

Problem is quality.. when you buy cheap you get cheap quality... as for shows.. how much things have changed from when i was 16 when it was $13 to $20 for a ticket back in the late 80's... :cry:

I get shirts at almost every concert I go to. Usually they have 3-4 styles that they don't sell online.

How much do concerts usually cost? I've considered going to see Vital Remains and Monstrosity on April 7 in Nashville, and I may have 50-75 $ to go for it, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough money. Because an hour trip to and from my college costs 15 $, so I'm guessing a trip to Nashville would cost 30 $ in gas, plus the 15 $ to go back to school the next day, and food money and ticket money as well. So I'm undecided so far, even though I'd really like to go, I've never been to a concert before, and if I did I'd just leave Monday morning and spend the day in Nashville, and drive back to my college town sometime. Do you think I should go to the concert and would I have enough to go? I'm guessing tickets are 10-20 $.

concerts usually cost me somewhere between $200,000-300,000.