How much money does the band recieve from...

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
How much money does the band recieve for every t-shirt that is sold at a concert. If a tee is going for $30. How much of that money actually makes it into their own pockets? And how much money do they get for t-shirts that are sold through jsrdirect, the end records and online stores of that nature. I'm guessing more profit from shirts sold at concert but how much is the question? Anyone know?

yea i figure they might see some money if it is bought at the show. but if its online their basically getting shafted by a hundred and one middlemen. ahh life isnt fair

actually....

the only money bands ever see, is from merchandise.
they dont see the tickets money (its all going to the tour manager and the lable) nor money from the record (well, a small percent...)
but the real $$$ they get from selling all the merchandise at shows.

thats true for 90% of tours and bands - i cant say for sure its like that for nevermore.

Yeah, when I was in a band, merch money was really all we could count on, and the labels were always trying to negotiate to take away some of that too....I think Metal Blade offered us a deal and they got 50% of all merch worldwide, whic we turned down. That's why I always try to buy a shirt to support the band - or buy them drinks!

yeah, shirts and merch is the only money...
i try to get as many as i can as well.

im not sure about drinks though... they get free beers at the club they play :D
but its a good idea anyways, i might do that
haha

btw Buzz21, GREAT avatar!
great band ! :kickass: