An arduous journey

The Emptier

t3h b3aSt0rZ
Oct 28, 2006
Columbus, OH/Bay Area, CA
www.facebook.com
Briefly: I am a 17 year old senior in high school, I have been playing music all my life and recently I was accepted to my dream school, the Berklee College of Music. With an amazing reputation and prestige comes a hefty cost to attend. My ability to do so hinges on federal aid, money from the school, scholarships and other sources. There is a website my mother showed me called The Point where people create campaigns to raise money, and the cool thing about it is that you don't get the money (which also means no one loses money) until you reach "the tipping point" which is when you reach your goal amount. In my campaign page I have a fairly detailed history of my musical career, awards etc. So at the very least you can read a little about me and what makes me tick. Thanks a lot! And be sure to send this to anyone you know who may wish to help, I know it's a difficult time for a lot of us, and as cliché as it sounds, each person counts and anything helps. I wouldn't normally go around forums whoring myself but really I need to turn over every stone and even if nothing comes out of it at least I know I tried.

http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/campaign-0-1967

:kickass:

You have Mahler and Martinů in recently listened tracks, I added you on last.fm and you're probably cool.

I need to pay for my own schooling first. Sorry bro.

Edit: Like your youtube page though :)

Don't mean to sound like a dick but, dude, GET A JOB AND/OR TAKE OUT A LOAN! like the rest of America.

I understand charitable foundations and whatnot but this is borderline panhandling. I choose to give my money to people who are starving, not dreamers.

I'm sure you can do this on your own, Seriously...

http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-get-a-student-loan

http://www.essortment.com/student-loan-tips-college-students-taking-out-loans-paying-off-18898.html

You do know how much Berklee costs right? Or any private college/uni, for that matter?

I'd be more inclined to help out if colleges in Canada weren't fucking crooks/con artists as it is (~$11,000 for Graphic Design? the fuck?).

It's starting to piss me off cause trying to find a job where I live is like trying to find the hay in a needlestack.

You do know how much Berklee costs right? Or any private college/uni, for that matter?

$40,000 per year to study and live there. Understand though that most people don't pay that much - there are all sorts of financial aid programs available to most students to help with much of that cost.

I know plenty of people that owe over 100,000 dollars in school loans and have no regrets. If it's your dream you can do it.

Don't mean to sound like a dick but, dude, GET A JOB AND/OR TAKE OUT A LOAN! like the rest of America.

.!

I have a friend who is spending 60k a year to go to school and he fucking has epilepse and isn't legally allowed to drive a car because of it. He could collect money from the government because of his condition but he chose not to. He has a full time job.

First of all it's not like I put 50k as my goal amount, I put 1050, which is 1000 after they deduct 5%. I'm going for every option before I have to resort to loans, or if I do have to, making them as small as possible. I didn't request or beg of anyone to give me monies, i just posted my bit hoping that people could at least read with any open mind. Sometimes the can do spirit of working hard and expecting rewards just doesn't cut it. my mom had hopes to use equity and money from properties she owned to pay for my college education but with a horrible housing market the prices have plunged and she had to short sale most of them. There are a lot of financial options with Berklee, and I'm not sure how much financial aid and FAFSA money I get yet, hopefully will learn soon. But I hardly doubt that can cover the cost of a 50k+ (not 40 as above mentioned) education.