How much do you spend?

Mxgonzo

May 6, 2004
Freedonia
Reading all these posts about what people are buying or going to buy got me thinking. How much money do you spend on albums and DVD's annually?
This year I really have not spent much. Maybe about 200 dollars. Most of them were imports so I only bought about 6 or 7 cds and a concert DVD.

So how much of your income do you think you spend to support your "habit"?

On albums.. probably around 500$ - 700$ an year. Non-music people will say I buy a lot of albums but not half as much as some of you here. You guys buy 20 albums a month.

Not as much as I once did.... Most cds I wait until I can find a really good price on used ($5 range), unless it's one of those cds that I'm really eager to get. So I'll probably pick up 50 cds a year, and dish out about $300.

CDs mostly, DVDs much less (and mainly movies). I don't have a concise figure, I spend unevenly by months. Some times more than I should, and always less that I want.

So far in 2005, I had spent around $942 (without total S&H), and I'm expecting another $14 that hadn't arrived yet.

not much.. once in awhile... recently i bought The Black Dahlia Murder's new one.. very good album.. not as good as their debut but good nonetheless and still short like the first one... 30 to 35 minutes... i also put in a special order for Darkthrone's Transylvania Hunger, Blaze in the Northern Sky and Under a Funeral Moon... will arrive next week..

I spend as much as I can. could be $100 at one stop at Ameoba or it could be $25 for online purchase. Maiden just got me with their pic disks and new Death on the Road so that was $85 (for 4 items) This year has been more on concerts that anything else...I'm guessing at $2000 this year in concert tix, travel and hotel. ALL HAIL PROGPOWER VI....18 DAYS!!! :hotjump: :hotjump:

2/7/05 Stripped on the Strip
2/19/05 Queensryche
3/29/05 Unearth, Atreyu
4/2/05 Mastadon
5/8/05 King Diamond
5/22/05 Anthrax
6/24/05 Gigantour- Irvine
8/9/05 IRON MAIDEN - Denver
8/13/05 Ozzfest- San Francisco
UPCOMING
9/16 ProgPower VI
9/21 Overkill
9/25 Dead Can Dance
10/9 Journey
10/22 Queen
10/29 Blackest of the Black
11/18 Black Label Society

Way too much. As of now I only work part time with very random hours and a majority of my disposable income goes to buying c.d's. I average about 1 or 2 new cd's a week but somtimes i go nuts and buy a whole bunch,and am poor for the rest of the week because it is saturday and I just spent my entire paycheck on music...