How often do you listen to metal cranked from speakers? /shitthread

Heh

• Total voters

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
This is truly the way to listen to music, accept no substitutes, except no gay sex. Currently over at my fam's favela blasting the fuck out of The Sleeping Beauty, while every other shlub is out working to support their families. This is half the reason why I have gone from listening to 12+hrs of music a day to 2hrs in the car, you simply can't crank out the jams at an apartment with paper thin walls. Well it doesn't stop the octaroon who lives downstairs from blasting mollywoop bullshit, as he sits in a rocking chair in the middle of the complex "courtyard", but most civilized adults don't subjugate their neighbors to such racket. Also don't have the luxury of listening to much music at work, as I need to have my ears free to listen to work related garbage, so this is blissful.

Ahhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaa/ :Spin:

what, "cranked"? i listen to speakers all the time but not "cranked"

nice avatar

oh yeah, there is nothing like blasting metal from a proper rig ... in a nice big room ... i think a big room is mandatory for proper air movement and nice spl levels.

i can certainly appreciate headphones now and the subtleties they allow you to hear.

nothing beats live shows though for a kick in the groin.

car ... is the only place though where I can rage out nowadays however.

My days of raging out are over...unless I occupy the garage..........which is a very real possibility

Yeah, gotta respect the roommates/neighbors. So it's only on special occasions......

......unless I come home wasted. Then all bets are off.

This is why I miss having a car

it must be super lousy as my pops in laws' '10 Forester has an abysmal stock one ... bass and treble controls have like ZERO effectiveness ... terrible sound.

It's an '05. Nice to see Subaru didn't make any strides in that area in five years. :lol: The HU unit is so bad that replacing the speakers made no improvement whatsoever...in fact, it's WORSE

hahaha, you changed the speakers on it?
i think i had it up to 10 on the volume a few times and my daughter begged for more.
cd sounds like AM radio.

blast that shit whenever i want. no babies, no wives, just roomates who also make noise. we live in a house in the burbs so there are no shared walls.

yeah, that sounds about right.

and yeah, I replaced the speakers with some Pioneers. I documented it somewhere in these hallowed pages.

hmmm, they should have helped somewhat.

was just looking to do a speaker upgrade in my car and found this "fix"
http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...audio-navigation-front-rear-channel-swap.html

goddamn love the crazy shit the MINI community finds. will have to try this first before swapping some speakers.
stereo doesn't sound bad already but if a simple pin switch improves things drastically adding some good speakers after that will be dramatic.

I've only had the Bulliet rye. Not bad at all, cant really compare it to anything since I've never had other ryes. I really need to try the bourbon

Anyways, Im single as shit with my own house. I'll do whatever I want, whenever I want.
and yes, im completely naked right now.

Pretty much only blast in the gym and occasionally the car, the rest of the time it's more toned down. Three albums a week, but mostly HURAARGH I'm the king of the world!-music and not so mych CYFAWS or woodwalking music