how to play like COB

Syd Scumbag

Vulgar Displayer of Hate
Dec 3, 2003
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
Visit site
Anyone know any chord progressions or tabs for real simple riffs that I could practice to just play COB's Thrash/metal style? I'm not trying to sound like the Wildchild, but I just wanna learn the style of his playin, you know? I appreciate any help!

dude, you should start playing simple riffs from different songs, I dont think that there is any other advice for you, keep playing them, change to tempo, add some notes, think, improvise...

Yeah dude, listen to LBRH!...
it may not be thrash metal in its strictest sense but you still go apeshit when you hear it.

> its CoB they have a "tinge" of everything in there. Thats why they rule so much!

yeah i agree, but some people don't.. read the "dirtbag was wearing eyeliner" thread, the one about fish with ketchup. (how the hell does that make sense?!?!??!?)

well, i guess some people it's just too much for their small minds..............

Mmh I've just seen the live in barcelone, filmed by a guy in the crowd with his camera in hand (not the best way to see the hand running on the neck but great for the atmosphere) and at a certain moment Janne plays some weird electro sound with his keyboard (of course :p, not with his nose^^), don't you think it ould be good to see more of those sound in COB's music ?
Of course don't make me say what I didn't, I mean electro sounds as a little plus to their music, not COB techno or whatever :p
But for example SYL makes gret things with samples and things like that, and there are some dark-electro sounds that could be great for COB.

But I know not all of you agree about that and some prefer strictly "regular" metal.