How was the FUTURE'S END set?

Wherewolf

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2008
I was wondering how Future's End was? Did Fred make the gig or did Lance wind up doing the set? Either way...I'm hoping they blew people away :headbang:

That is great to hear...These guys are great and by the sound of the cd they will have staying power...Thank You for the replies!

I enjoyed the set and bought the disc. The first song they did with a guest vocalist was awesome. It's a shame it fell apart in the middle, but they pulled it back together. And Lance's guest vocal was great of course.

Really really kickass set - totally impressed
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Missed getting the CD and grabbing it today

Wound up talking with Marc and Fred later in the evening - really super cool guys :kickass:

Future's End definitely stole the show last night. In the beginning of the set there were a few people on the floor not really knowing what to expect. Halfway through the set, you could begin to see more people on the floor and the cheers between songs kept getting louder. By the end almost everyone on the floor had their hands up cheering for the band. The won over the crowd easily, great show. I talked to some of the guys after the show as well and they were really cool guys that just love music as musicians and as fans (I know that's par for the course for ProgPower bands). Anyway that is my long winded way of saying Future's End was awesome last night and I'm just one of many new found fans.

I enjoyed the set and bought the disc. The first song they did with a guest vocalist was awesome. It's a shame it fell apart in the middle, but they pulled it back together. And Lance's guest vocal was great of course.

***Fell apart? What happened?

***Fell apart? What happened?

Nothing major. They got a little mixed up with the vox during the song with Salinas. It took a few seconds for the drummer to get them back in synch, which he did really well. Had the singers not noticably been looking at him for direction it's likely no one would have known there was a problem at all.

They were really good IMO. Second only to Primal Fear for the night. I don't like many prog bands, but as I've said before, Future's End is on my short list. I also bought the CD.

Nothing major. They got a little mixed up with the vox during the song with Salinas. It took a few seconds for the drummer to get them back in synch, which he did really well. Had the singers not noticably been looking at him for direction it's likely no one would have known there was a problem at all.

They were really good IMO. Second only to Primal Fear for the night. I don't like many prog bands, but as I've said before, Future's End is on my short list. I also bought the CD.

*Thank you for the explanation, I'm glad you liked them...wish I was there!

Future's End were my favorite of the showcase, after Primal Fear of course. That little mix-up in the song with Salinas was recovered from so well that I didn't realize it was a problem until seeing the reaction from the band. Wish I had hustled over to the merch table for the cd!

Future's End were my favorite of the showcase, after Primal Fear of course. That little mix-up in the song with Salinas was recovered from so well that I didn't realize it was a problem until seeing the reaction from the band. Wish I had hustled over to the merch table for the cd!

Nightmare has the CD at their table.

Future's End was very good. Fred and the guys kicked but, and a great bunch of dudes. As far as the "breakdown" goes, I talked to the guys and they said the ear pieces that the drummer was wearing so he could hear everyone else failed and left him deaf to the others, which caused a small timing ofset. This was quickly resolved as the bass player kept jamming then the guitars kicked right back in after about 5 seconds or so and they were right back on track. I wouldn't go as far as to say they "stole the show", especially since Primal Fear was absolutely AMAZING, but they were a pleasant surprise to say the least.

Amazing set...especially for being their first show together ever. One of the best bass players I've ever heard. I picked up the new CD too. Oh yes, Lance King was there and also a singer from Zero Hour.

Their bass player is Steve DiGiorgio of Sadus/Death/Control Denied/Iced Earth/Testament fame... one of the best metal bass players in the world, bar none in my opinion.

The CD has been anticipated by many who knew about its long road into existence, self included. Getting to see them perform their first show live, on Center Stage, and pull it off beautifully was a real treat and definitely one of the weekend's highlights. All the guys in the bands are really great people and its apparent they love what they are doing. I'm looking forward seeing all the many wonderful things this band has coming to them...

They surprised the hell out of me. I tried listening to one track on their myspace and wasn't feeling it, but they floored me. The lead guitarist is incredible and it is still hard to believe that was their first show ever.