How we all feel about IMF09's departure

I honestly thought he was hilarious and despite being over the top he knew a lot about Anthrax and was a die hard fan of their joey era.

No he wasnt hilarious and he proved time and again that he didnt know jack about Anthrax especially the Bush albums and Iron Maiden.

Well at least now hes got more time to listen to his old thrash metal bands and be happy.

Nothing to say against him, I think it's a good guy who I respect and i will miss him, hard some time, but the only Joey fans who can admit that even with Joey on mic when a song is not good, it's not good! Not like some other poster here that, even before a single song was release, said bullshit like: the trash is back in anthrax, Joey is god, Anthrax has sold million because of him, bla bla bla...

Wow. Epic thread is epic. I don't know the specifics behind his banning, nor do I really care. It is what it is. I don't think I've ever seen him take something to the personal level that I've seen in this very thread though.

:wave:

Chris+Barnes.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eNrgpVp70U&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

:D

I hated how he ripped on the Bush era every chance he got but I don't see how voicing you're opinion (no matter how wrong) is reason for being banned.

Ok lets be blunt here. Everyone was entitled to their opinion on here about all things but with IMFAN09 he had an opinion (which is cool) and constantly rammed it down everyone's throats (got tiresome very quickly) and more importantly he used to berate others for their own (not cool at all).

Personally I wish the man well but I won't miss his bullshit disrespect for so many people on here for having their own opinion which didn't fall inline with his own.

He knew the rules - he broke those rules constantly so it is what it is.

Lets move on shall we.

I don't know just how much I can "miss" a faceless individual from a bands forum. And I don't know what got that dude in trouble specifically. But I think it's kind of BS to ban someone who genuinely likes the band. Just one incantation of the band or not. I've seen plenty of Bushthrax fans on here slinging shit like a shit eating grinned ape. Most specifically thebaldguyfromblack lodge when he starts criticizing people's spending habits and cum and gay 3somes with Anthrax members and such. That's just fucked up. And I don't want to picture that crap in my mind.

I don't know just how much I can "miss" a faceless individual from a bands forum. And I don't know what got that dude in trouble specifically. But I think it's kind of BS to ban someone who genuinely likes the band. Just one incantation of the band or not. I've seen plenty of Bushthrax fans on here slinging shit like a shit eating grinned ape. Most specifically thebaldguyfromblack lodge when he starts criticizing people's spending habits and cum and gay 3somes with Anthrax members and such. That's just fucked up. And I don't want to picture that crap in my mind.

Exactly. The stuff people criticize IMF09 for happens on both sides of the fence. I've only been on this board for a month and can tell how much slower/boring this forum has gotten since he was banned. That's just the plain truth whether you hated the guy or not. He definitely incited debate, although I won't deny the fact that he did repeat himself quite a bit.

Which brings me to my next point.... There's only so much you can say about ONE band. This forum is dedicated to ONE band. A band that has been through all kinds of turmoil, lineup changes, stylistic changes, you name it. So of course the fans are going to be divided and argue about everything. It's like, how many different discussions about Anthrax can we have without the same opinion applying to all of them? My point is, if you want the same old arguments to stop, then you'd pretty much have to start discussing a different band.

I'll be the first to admit that I agreed with him on most of his stuff concerning Anthrax, but definitely disagreed with him over WM and other things like other bands/music in general. So having users that you can agree with on some things but disagree on others is good for the forum.

Like it's been mentioned before, it's important to remember that we are all still ANTHRAX fans and that's why we're here, regardless of what era we liked more than the other. I think more talk of the current Anthrax era/lineup/album/future needs to happen, then maybe arguments about the bands past wouldn't come up so often.