How would you like the world to end

King Chaos

Pomeo Osoponeor
Mar 19, 2004
Chronosynclasticinfundibulum
www.myspace.com
Ok here's some questions we can sink our teeth in to.

part 1. How would you like the world to eventually end?

part 2. When would you like the world to end (after or before your death)?

part 3. Would you want to know when it was going to end in advance?

There's some questions that might get some discussion going around here. Oh yeah, any of you guys like Omnium Gatherum (Melodic death-alot like skyfire)?

Omnium Gatherum rocks.

Anyway, it would depend on the result of the world ending. Let's say Jesus comes back and takes us all to heaven or something, I'm cool with that happening right now. Let's say the earth just blows up and we all die and that's it, I'm thinking I'd rather that happen long after I'm gone so the people I know that wouldn't be dying anyway don't have to face it. In a Ragnarok situation, I'd rather it happen in my lifetime so I can go down as a warrior. In this case I'd go down defending Thor and stuff. Maybe I could take some poison from the World Serpent for him. Or find the anti-venom! Except of course that part's not prophecized. And I might want to know ahead of time so I can do illegal stuff on my last few days.

I dont know about illegal stuff but I'd probabli want to do some stuff that Id never experienced like sky diving or sommat. I was half expecting you all to say "I want the world to end now :cry:" but you dint, thats good, it shows us skyfire fans are not the annoying depressant types. Id like to know when the world was going to end before I had chilldren to see if there'd be any point. I think Kataklysm via natural means will be the best way, like the weather kills us all... but a couple of good people survive and manager to salvidge a good set of Metal CD's (and a CD player). Then every one who is born after will have metal in there blood and the world will be infested by true metallers, just think how good the bands would become. they'd be a wider choice of musician so you wouldnt end up with a grunge drummer when you wanna play melodic death! IT WOULD RULE!!!

How would you like the world to eventually end?

I don't want it to end but answering to this question I'd say a huge bang, a vast explosion and all life dies away immediately, without any long suffering of any species on the globe.
nothing slow like a disease or so.

When would you like the world to end (after or before your death)?

after ;)

Would you want to know when it was going to end in advance?

tricky question.... somehow yes. but with the knowledge that there is technically no way (yet) to escape, I think i'd rather remain nescient than remain in permanent despair or run amok.
however if I knew that the world's end is far beyond my natural death, I wouldn't mind to know about it ;)

Ok King Chaos you stole my title (Haunted By Shadows) so that's the reason for the animosity. Heh, j/k. But anyway, the thread is just kind of depressing and not something I want to think about. The reason I posted was to tell you about that poem. It's interesting.

I agree with whoever said a big bang and no suffering, that's definitely the best way for it to happen.

...which also reminds me of a poem called "The Hollow Men" by T.S. Eliot, which concludes with the following line:

"This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper."

A whimper generally connotes suffering, so I guess ole T.S. thinks we're going to suffer. I'm not sure why though, I'd have to read the poem again, and it's based on Conrad's Heart Of Darkness so I may have to read that again and fuck that lol.

King Chaos said:
Name some of these fun things.
Mooning important people is on the top of my list. And drinking, I'm too young to legally. Streaking at a hockey game would be interesting, if I slip and fall on the ice at least I'm not gonna have to suffer any long-lasting injuries.

froosch said:
And drinking, I'm too young to legally.
nothing personal now, but I can't imagine what's so special or exciting about drinking alcohol (being underage) ? :loco:
might be cos my mum allowed me to drink alcohol as long as I wouldn't get wasted and caused an accident or some other inconvenience...

The world will end when Russians find out how to revive people and do some serious ass cloning. They will revive Ivan IV and Joeseph Stalin and Ivan Stalin will be born in the mix. Ivan Stalin will declare war on the USA, Germany, and Turkey.. WW3 will begin (maybe 4 or 5 depending on how far we are). Nuclear weapons will be launched and the counter attack will lead them to blow up elsewear, getting more nations involved, and it will be a downward spiral. Crops and plant life will be destroyed from warfare, so the storms will grow worse.. lands slides would be more common, droughts would be extremely wide spread and really long. And then the Vikings will ride down from Valhalla and police over the warmongered remaints of the human race.. Vikings will be in control but have a power struggle in choosing a leader. Civil war breaks out amongst the Vikings, they are using left over weaponry and machines and they are using the classic battle axes, and hammers and so forth. The war will rage on and eventually lead into outer space. One side declares themself the Space Vikings, the other quickly gets up into space and battles rage on there, they get led out into space farther and farther as technology improves. Nuclear Weapons start to be launched down to Earth from above as an offensive attack. The left over Viking army's battle it out to the far corners of space and earth falls into an anarchy. Raping and Pillaging galore, no leaders are accepted, they are always killed. People get killed for the rags on their backs, the world crumbles. The long droughts wipe out many people, plant life is all gone, most wild life is deceased, human's fade away...

If it could happen in my life time, I would appreciate. :tickled:

Wound said:
The world will end when Russians find out how to revive people and do some serious ass cloning. They will revive Ivan IV and Joeseph Stalin and Ivan Stalin will be born in the mix. Ivan Stalin will declare war on the USA, Germany, and Turkey.. WW3 will begin (maybe 4 or 5 depending on how far we are). Nuclear weapons will be launched and the counter attack will lead them to blow up elsewear, getting more nations involved, and it will be a downward spiral. Crops and plant life will be destroyed from warfare, so the storms will grow worse.. lands slides would be more common, droughts would be extremely wide spread and really long. And then the Vikings will ride down from Valhalla and police over the warmongered remaints of the human race.. Vikings will be in control but have a power struggle in choosing a leader. Civil war breaks out amongst the Vikings, they are using left over weaponry and machines and they are using the classic battle axes, and hammers and so forth. The war will rage on and eventually lead into outer space. One side declares themself the Space Vikings, the other quickly gets up into space and battles rage on there, they get led out into space farther and farther as technology improves. Nuclear Weapons start to be launched down to Earth from above as an offensive attack. The left over Viking army's battle it out to the far corners of space and earth falls into an anarchy. Raping and Pillaging galore, no leaders are accepted, they are always killed. People get killed for the rags on their backs, the world crumbles. The long droughts wipe out many people, plant life is all gone, most wild life is deceased, human's fade away...

If it could happen in my life time, I would appreciate. :tickled:

Bad ASS! Thats the best one so far!!! Everyone else is too serious around here ;)

I think its likely that us humans are gonna get progressively thicker and eventually we will be too dumb to know how to feed ourselves and then well die of poisoning (from eating nasty berries). :D Or a big ass comit

King Chaos said:
I think its likely that us humans are gonna get progressively thicker and eventually we will be too dumb to know how to feed ourselves and then well die of poisoning (from eating nasty berries). :D Or a big ass comit
you're talking about americans here, right? :heh:

1 - I'd like the world to end by a natural disaster - something dropping from space, sun over heating e.t.c

2 - Ideally i'd like to watch the world end, so before I die.

3 - No, i'd like it to be a surprise.