What u.s. tours would you like to see happen?

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
What kinds of u.s. tour packages would you like to see happen in the near future? Theres so many good bands who could/should tour here, such as Katatonia, Opeth, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, H.I.M, ToDieFor, and so on.....I'd like to hear some of your opinions on what packages youd like to see tour the u.s. (Those that I listed were some of my personal picks.)

And as an aside, what tours would you be interested in seeing Novembers Doom be a part of, if any? Let us know.

I'd love to see a Katatonia/Opeth tour. I saw Opeth open for Nevermore and they were incredible. And actually you guys would fit in quite nicely on that one, IMO. I'd also really like to see Blind Guardian. Team those guys up with Iced Earth and Iron Maiden (of course that aint happening, but it'd be cool). Another band I'd love to see is Onward (I know, they were at Metalfest. I missed it. I'm heading down there next year even if I'd have to go by myself, damn it).

And actually I'd like to see you with Em Simfonia. Just don't play the Globe in Milwaukee though. I hate that place. I'd much rather see you at the Annex in Madison (my favorite place to see a show, but they haven't had anything worth seeing in a while).

And I want to see Aphotic from up here in GB. I guess they got a drummer now so they should be able to play live.

I've already seen Opeth and they were great.

But I'd love to see a Katatonia/Novembers Doom tour. Or even a tour with Maudlin of the Well. Or how about a Novembers Doom/ Novembre tour? hehe

Just come to Houston. (or at least Austin) THat's all I ask.

Originally posted by FrostGiant
I'd love to see a Katatonia/Opeth tour. I saw Opeth open for Nevermore and they were incredible. And actually you guys would fit in quite nicely on that one, IMO. I'd also really like to see Blind Guardian. Team those guys up with Iced Earth and Iron Maiden (of course that aint happening, but it'd be cool). Another band I'd love to see is Onward (I know, they were at Metalfest. I missed it. I'm heading down there next year even if I'd have to go by myself, damn it).

And actually I'd like to see you with Em Simfonia. Just don't play the Globe in Milwaukee though. I hate that place. I'd much rather see you at the Annex in Madison (my favorite place to see a show, but they haven't had anything worth seeing in a while).

And I want to see Aphotic from up here in GB. I guess they got a drummer now so they should be able to play live.

Well, you will be happy to know, I am currently designing the ad's and posters for the Blind Guardian US tour for this Fall, so you'll get your chance (that is, if you live in the states).

As far as Em Sinfonia, I'm not even sure they are still around. I would like to seem them play live at least once, and shit, if they wanted to play something from the EP I sang on, I'd love to join them for it.

That would be fun.

Cool, a Blind Guardian show. About Em Sinfonia, I was wondering the same thing. I never could find a web site so I have no idea what they are up too, if anything.

I didn't even know you sang on that EP. I haven't listened to it in a while. I'm going to have to pull that out when I get home.

For doom bands, I'd like to see Candlemass come over here now that they've reformed and are playing shows. Never got the chance to see them live.
Apart from that, for other non-US bands, I'd like to see Ram-Zet- they're interesting. An Edge of Sanity reunion would be cool. And Devin Townsend doing all his non-SYL stuff would be great.

Are we talking imaginary tours that we'd like to see, or things that might happen? I think I got confused along the way.

Anyway, HIM are gothstinky Fins, and I find them boring. Take that, Larry!! Actually, I think they're supposed to be playing in Mexico City soon and were planning to come to the States too.

Originally posted by Novembers Paul

Well, you will be happy to know, I am currently designing the ad's and posters for the Blind Guardian US tour for this Fall, so you'll get your chance (that is, if you live in the states).

No shit? I mean, I've spoken to Marcus very briefly and all he was able to say was that yes, they've discussed it and they wanted to do it, but nothing more. Then that venue in VA (Jaxx) has posted a BG show w/ Hammerfall & Symphony X for 11/22/02. D you have any details at all? As in, how long the tour is, where they're stopping, etc.? I had always guessed that if they were indeed going to do it, it'd be after they came here for the 2 fests in mid-November...

Originally posted by markgugs

No shit? I mean, I've spoken to Marcus very briefly and all he was able to say was that yes, they've discussed it and they wanted to do it, but nothing more. Then that venue in VA (Jaxx) has posted a BG show w/ Hammerfall & Symphony X for 11/22/02. D you have any details at all? As in, how long the tour is, where they're stopping, etc.? I had always guessed that if they were indeed going to do it, it'd be after they came here for the 2 fests in mid-November...

I did the first teaser Ad for Metal Maniacs, and i'm starting on the poster now. All the dates will be sent to me for the poster, so I'll have them all in the next day or so. I'm working directly with the promotion company for the tour, so as far as I know, it's a done deal. If it;s not, they are paying me for nothing. haha and either way, I'm still happy at the end of the day.

Dream, to save you from further embarrassment (I know, it's been a long day w/ the racist & SSMT threads) :D, the tour in question here is a Blind Guardian tour! Not a Novembers Doom tour!

If you already knew that, than I'll just shut up...

Originally posted by Novembers Paul

I did the first teaser Ad for Metal Maniacs, and i'm starting on the poster now. All the dates will be sent to me for the poster, so I'll have them all in the next day or so. I'm working directly with the promotion company for the tour, so as far as I know, it's a done deal. If it;s not, they are paying me for nothing. haha and either way, I'm still happy at the end of the day.

Awesome! Now, since no one else is nice enough to respond w/ any real info on this tour, any chance you'll post 'em here when you get 'em?

I promise to come see ND as well when you're near NYC!

Originally posted by markgugs
Dream, to save you from further embarrassment (I know, it's been a long day w/ the racist & SSMT threads) :D, the tour in question here is a Blind Guardian tour! Not a Novembers Doom tour!

If you already knew that, than I'll just shut up...

Yeah, i knew that, but rhavin2112 told me to check 'em out, so I thought I might if they came to Texas.

And yes, it has been a long day. From now on I think I'll just keep my posting to a minimum(or at least start visiting other forums.)

American tours are so passe.

For those bands within which lie the seeds of future greatness there can be only one possible destination.

Walk in the footsteps of the Gods that have gone before you and roam unchecked across the length and breadth of the Old World.

EUROPA beckons enticingly and only a Fool would disparage her wares.

As Gandalf despairingly bellowed,
FLY YOU FOOLS, FLY!'

someone likes gandalf???

it would be rad if solefald/voivod/swans/nick cave and the bad seeds/the cure/arcturus/the police toured together[we are playing dream tour.....],my dying bride again[i seen em once already], and after listening to that new primordial record i wanna see them... and id like to see rune and it woulda been rad if mindrot woulda played the shows they shoulda played......and a king kobra/y&t/rough cutt/leatherwolf tour... but id probably be the only one there... but id buy a shirt from each band

Originally posted by turnloosetheswans
......and a king kobra/y&t/rough cutt/leatherwolf tour... but id probably be the only one there... but id buy a shirt from each band

You're wrong. My roommate/guitar tech Willie would be there as well, probably sporting his 1984 Rough Cutt shirt.

I actually saw King Kobra play back in early 1986 when they opened for Kiss. Wasn't much impressed, but Carmine Appice (sic?) has always been a solid drummer. The lead singer Mark eventually had a sex change operation and changed his name to Marcie. Thats a true story, there. Creepy as hell, but true.

Originally posted by chupe666

Wanker.

Really?

eric3.jpg

Who's a wanker?