What other music do you like?

Didn't know you were a John Mayer fan, Paul. I started out not really liking him or giving his music much of a chance, but the more I've heard his stuff, I think he's really good. I heard some live bootleg type stuff of him playing more Stevie Ray kinda blues jams, and he was really kicking ass. I think he's quite an accomplished musician. I still don't own any of his cds but I'd like to eventually.

And as seen by my favorites list, I have NO shame whatsoever, I love Abba AND Carcass, damn it! LOL

haha reading this makes me feel so closed minded. I like to think that being able to listen to almost all metal (from power to brutal death, to thrash, to doom) makes me not that bad... the only non metal band that i actually listen to is A Perfect Circle.

Billy Steele said:
This is likely a good place for me to admit that I still spin the first Bush album now and then, as well as the Presidents of the US of A and T.A.T.U. Pop or no, TATU are actually rather good.

Hahaha, I love Bush. I used to run their website, I still use the same AIM screen name that I had way back then. Razorblade Suitcase is still one of my favorite albums.

Billy Steele said:
This is likely a good place for me to admit that I still spin the first Bush album now and then, as well as the Presidents of the US of A and T.A.T.U. Pop or no, TATU are actually rather good.

I like Bush too, Sixteen Stone has some good songs on there, Razorblade Suitcase also. I'm a real big Stone Temple Pilots fan also, I think they rock hard.

BalanceofPower said:
I like Bush too, Sixteen Stone has some good songs on there, Razorblade Suitcase also. I'm a real big Stone Temple Pilots fan also, I think they rock hard.

You like Bush? I want you in the worst way now, I think I can overlook the whole Rush and pickle thing. :p

BalanceofPower said:

Glad to see I'm not alone (Bush [the band] supporters UNITE! :headbang: ). Sixteen Stone is still a very solid release, IMHO. Those songs were among the first songs I ever learnt on the guitar. I am also a fan of STP as Core was a fav. album of mine for a while back when it first came out. Lately though, I've been desperately hankering to get my hands on the Faith No More "The Real Thing" CD, as I've had the cassette since before I was in the 6th grade.

A few of my favorites......Black Sabbath, Nick Cave, Converter, Das Ich, DCD, Download, Einsturzende Neubauten, Gridlock, Katatonia, Mlada Fronta, Mono No Aware, Swans, VNV Nation, Winterkalte.

I mainly listen to progressive rock and prog/gothic/dark/ metal. Here are some of my favorities in no particular order:

Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Dream Theater, the Gathering, David Bowie, Pain of Salvation, Threshold, Anathema, After Forever, Rush, Tristania, Digital Ruin, Trance of Mine, Ayreon, Zero Hour, Marillion, Lacuna Coil, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Yes, Genesis (old), Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Antimatter, Derek Sherinian, Arch Enemy, Dark Suns, Enchant, Flower Kings, Mastodon, Iron Maiden, Arena, Symphony X, Judas Priest, Peter Gabriel, Fates Warning, Liquid Tension Experiment, Within Temptation

Also listen to a lot of dark ambient:
Atrium Carceri, Caul, Raison d'etre, Bass Communion, Herbst9, Yen Pox, Sephiroth, Northaunt, Land:Fire, Nordvargr, R|A|A|N, Svartsinn, Mitre, Inade, Amon

pink floyd; king crimson; neil young;antimatter;katatonia;opeth;aborted;gojira;loudblast;led zep;bowie;black sabbath; cathedral;hatebreed;pantera;ananda;van der graf generator; aphrodite child;my dying bride;skepticisme;celtic frost;sepultura;queen etc....

i aint played wid you guys in forever....

so besides metal, which i like gobs, lately i been gettin into the soci punk sorta stuff....rise against, bad religion, born against....and im into hiphop too...pe is pretty much hip hop christ to me....the first stp record is totally good, i love paw from kansas, sunny day real estate,the faint, bright eyes, christina aguilera's last record was good, portishead, some total dance stuff, al ton of soundtrack stuff, amber asylum, mono, clair voyant, the cure, morrisey, the juliana theory,RUNE[who have broke up and im very very sad bout this], alkaline trio....i cant go on anymore cuz its totally late....