what other kind of music do you like?

rx

haha.... "member".
Jun 24, 2006
i like teh jazz and classical

ever heard of the band Hooverphonic? they're pretty sweet. it's like trip-hop infused pop/rock from Belgium.

Pink Floyd is great

George Benson is awesome too

Frederik Chopin is my favorite Romantic era composer

Eminem's probably the only rapper i would buy albums of

Diana Krall's got a great voice

E.S. Posthumus... sweet!

Journey is great too. Send her my love :loco::loco::loco::loco:

what other stuff do you guys like?

Into a lot of traditional folk/"world music" (Cause ya know, if it's roots aren't in American/Western music, then its from the "rest" of the world) music lately. A lot of traditional stuff like the swedish group Triakel and the Hungarian group Muszikas, and then some more modern stuff like the various groups the Iranian-born singer Azam Ali is in, especially Niyaz. Interestingly enough, theres a track from the 300 soundtrack that features her, its the one that can be found in this clip (not the first singer, but the music starting with the clip from 300):

Ima huge fag I guess, but i dig this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost anything. The only genre I just can't get into is rap/hiphop. I'll even listen to some country (Rascall Flatts does a good cover of Free Ride).

Just like most of you I love classical (for some reason that and extreme metal go handinhand, you don't find that with punk fanboys).

My top genres would be:
1. Metal!!!!
2. Blues
3. Jazz
4. Classical (especially grieg and rachmoninov)
5. Video Games (is that a genre?... think Blast Corps, Banjo Kazooie, Final Fantasy, etc)

Metal, Ambient, House, Trance, Jazz, Blues, Oldies, Classic Rock, World, Classical, Opera, Big Band, Sinatra, etc.

I will also say that Journey is badass.

I like all music, but aside from metal my favorites are chill/dub/downtempo/ambient stuff. Psy-trance, trance, etc. NOT house music, can't get into that at all.

Shpongle
Ott
Bluetech
Phutureprimitive
Humito
Entheogenic
Younger Brother
Youth
etc.

I recommend all of that to anybody!

it's great to see a forum full of metal-listeners with an open mind about many different genres! :)

I like a few artist/bands from every genre.

Porcupine Tree, Fejd, Sol Invictus, Gordon Lightfoot, Blue Oyster Cult

*puts up flame shield*

Staind, Smile Empty Soul, Dr.Dre