Howdy Folks!

progmetaldan

Nov 25, 2006
South Australia
www.myspace.com
G'day everybody! I've just 'rediscovered' Zero Hour, fantastic band, I especially love the interplay between Jasun and Troy, and Chris Salinas I reckon has topped off the band brilliantly... :cool:

I'm listening to 'Evidence Of The Unseen' right now... Awesome sweeps Jasun! :headbang:

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be seeing a bit more of you guys around here in the future...

P.S. Hi Kenneth! So this is where you disappear to escape the sometimes imbecilic behaviour of the SymX boards... :p

They surely do! :headbang:

I keep checking my local cd store for any more ZH stuff, but they seem a bit behind in that regard... I saw A Fragile Mind, is this a good one to start with, or should I wait and get the new one or Towers Of Avarice (I've heard they're the best ones... )

Right on Progmetalpilgrim and great to have you here.

Man Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond and The Towers of Avarice are CD's to go for my bro. There's a lot of love that goes into all our CD's but if you were to ask me run with those first man.

YOU RULE and my bro Kenneth RULES TOO!!!

Have a great weekend guys.

Jasun

If you liked Evidence of the Unseen from Specs of Pictures burnt Beyond then I recommend Towers also check out the first Cd. A Fragile Mind is the most atmospheric CD by Zero Hour. Specs is awesome I say get Towers and Specs at the same time

They surely do! :headbang:

I keep checking my local cd store for any more ZH stuff, but they seem a bit behind in that regard... I saw A Fragile Mind, is this a good one to start with, or should I wait and get the new one or Towers Of Avarice (I've heard they're the best ones... )

We are in Australia, they are always behind when it comes to prog. I get most of my cds online otherwise i would be waiting months for them to order it in.

Hey Mark! Good to see you on here as well! :headbang:

And cheers for the welcome Jasun and Spatch, much appreciated! :D

I might have to go for 'A Fragile Mind' to start off with, seeing as that's what's there, but it will only be up from there once I can get my hands on the other albums... ;)

Like Mark B I get most of my CDs from the net Laser Edge is always worth a visit and I usually get my order within 5 days; plus it good to support Sensory by ordering directly from Lasers Edge; also Amazon usually have some good deals also you might pick up stuff cheap on Ebay.You are probarly best starting off with either Towers or Specs first.

Like Mark B I get most of my CDs from the net Laser Edge is always worth a visit and I usually get my order within 5 days; plus it good to support Sensory by ordering directly from Lasers Edge; also Amazon usually have some good deals also you might pick up stuff cheap on Ebay.You are probarly best starting off with either Towers or Specs first.

Yer i have had some good dealings with lasers edge, and ebay is brilliant as well especially if you want to save a few bucks.

Buy them all bro! :lol:

Ken Golden over at www.lasercd.com usually has at least one or more of ZH's stuff stocked, and his prices are pretty reasonable too, so another recommendation for him from me.

Back in the day I bought 10 albums at once, and Towers of Avarice was one of them. Soon as that hit my CD player, the other 9 got shelved for a really long time, still wrapped. :lol:

Dear Jasun and everyone else here, I don't know if this is the right place to say hello for the first time, but fuck it, I'm a bit lost in this Ultimate Metal maze. Hopefully one day Zero Hour will have your own chat forum.

Anyhow, I'm Nicky Brown, I live in Copenhagen, Denmark (one of your few fans in this prog-undernourished country), and I've been on this planet for a looong time.

I went to Headway in Holland to experience Redemption, and their concert was a blowout, but the evening before, I had a mighty surprise: I was there at your concert, and you guys really raised the roof. Your concert was just as tremendous as Redemption's.

As the progmetalpilgrim wrote, the interplay between you two twins is simply staggering. I've never experienced anything like that. Unbelievable. We all just stood there gaping.

Mike and Chris were great too, and you all work real fine together as a band. I really hope that you guys stick together.

So, sure as hell, I purchased all of your albums, and listening to them has been a continuous enjoyment for me.

Now I just hope that there are enough fans to support you guys in all ways, so that we can get even more amazing music from you.

I can say that Zero Hour has been the most difficult group for me to get into (even more difficult than e.g. post- Scenes Dream Theater and Thought Chamber), so for a while, we probably shouldn't expect a big fan base.

Thanks so much, and keep up the good work.

Nicky.

Thank you so much Nicky for coming to our forum and letting us know you enjoy what we do. SO happy to hear we were a nice surprise for you at Headway and really appreciate you going out and getting our material....YOU WAY RULE and can't thank you enough for that.

I can understand we're not the easiest band to get into and we appreciate you taking many listens to our CD's. All the support is much needed so we can continue to record more CD's in the future. You'll notice we have a bunch of great people on this forum and we're very happy to have you here.

YOU RULE and many thank you's for the kind words and support.

METAL!!

Jasun

I went to Headway in Holland to experience Redemption, and their concert was a blowout, but the evening before, I had a mighty surprise: I was there at your concert, and you guys really raised the roof. Your concert was just as tremendous as Redemption's.
Hey Nicky,

I had the same type of "Holy crap!" revelation a few months ago. On March 24 of this year, I went to see Enchant headline, with Redemption beforehand, and Zero Hour before that. I was actually outside of the view of the stage when Zero Hour started playing, with Chris pegging those highs... I told the guys I was hanging with, "Holy crap, I've got to go see what's going on up there." That was the first time I had "experienced" Zero Hour. We all took our positions.

What a privilege to have had my first Zero Hour experience be a live one! :cool:

Did you have a chance to meet the Zero Hour guys? If not, too bad, and hopefully you will next time. They're every bit as genuine in person as they are on the forum, if not moreso. Jasun would hae been sure to call you a "cool kat" at least twice. :lol: ...Which is nice, 'cuz I like cats. :p

--Keith

I'd like to say thanks to Kenneth R. for your immediate welcome, to Jasun for your kind words, and to Sharward for sharing your experience with me. I've never received such a warm welcome before in any forum. I'm really grateful for that.

I can see that all of you guys are musicians, which is not so surprising, as having hands-on experiences with playing rock is a big step in the direction of being able to appreciate the very progressive music of ZH. When I went to high school some 35 years ago, I also played electric guitar and keyboards and even sang a bit (although I wasn't good at the latter) in various bands in Copenhagen. Then I started studying science and gave up playing music myself. Well, science turned out to be a mistake for me, which took me thirty years to realise fully, and then I went back to my roots. When I started listening to rock again, I was overwhelmed by the progress that had taken place since Floyd and Zep ruled. It was a tremendous joy for me to discover the wonderful music of Arena, Redemption, Dream Theater, and now Zero Hour.

On another note, I was told by several people, i.a. Murat Batmaz and Goran Panic, that Jasun and Troy are real nice down-to-earth guys, and Jasun, your fast personal response confirms that. Such things mean a lot to us fans.

Sharward, no, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk with the ZH guys after their concert at Headway, because they were off to Iceland the next day. If I'd had the opportunity, I would have told them how wonderful their concert was, but ok, I'm telling them now.

Happy to be here.

Nicky.