hows this for bullshit

Originally posted by Trapped
hey dude, the school I went to made me cut my hair short, which was kinda fucked up...

They can make you do that?! We don't have such a thing here... You can go to school looking like ZOO if you like, they nag if you're a bad student, but they couldn't make one change the style, you can only get kicked out for bad behavior, not coming to school. Nothing else. I don't know how it is in other countries. In Europe, I mean. It's been 10 years exactly that I finished with my highscool education, and... Well, nobody ever asked to change my style, and I used to wear Slowly We Rot t-shirt, and very heavy make up... Such things they do to you....

Yeah, they can and do. They employ an entirely theory-based social pyschology to the reasoning, frequently based around incidinces of violence at school *see Columbine shootings* that by restricting students' expression, that will some how alter the person inside. Some of it relates to gang elements in school, kids wearing colors and insignia and fights erupting based on that. It doesn't really translate for a student dressing metal/goth/punk whatever. As for the "doesn't look business" comment, someone's been inhaling the eraser shavings from some corporate pencil-dick because that's ridiculous. Bad enough you have to comply with social conventions in the "working world" but school is the place, within limits, a person who's fucking a kid can be a kid. It's not like you were wearing actual swords. Yeah, we got shit for our t-shirts, deicide shirts pissed off teachers and they could deem it inappropriate, if there was swearing, but hey, being young is about the power of self-expression. Nice to see fascism is alive and healthy albeit dressed in politically correct, business-appropriate attire.