Huge Diesel Modern Rock Tone (Guess the Amp!)

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
After I won the guitar tone contest, (not being so happy about my submitted clip either) I decided to go for some br00tal modern rock tones to try to gain some respect around here...

Chain: Dean Vendetta with Duncan Mustaine Livewires (Tuned to Dropped Bb)->Ibanez TS-7->MYSTERY AMP-> Mesa 4x12 Oversized->Audix i5->M-Audio Octane->RME Fireface 800

There is no bass in this clip yet. Anyone who has a bass that can tune to Dropped Bb, you are welcome to and send me a stereo Wav (Tempo is 164).

NO POST PROCESSING ON GUITARS aside from a TINY bit of Antress VHME (Distressor Emulation) and a HP at 50.

I want YOU guys to guess what amp did this.

Here's a few clues:

a. It has tubes.
b. It's not stock.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=926935&songID=7696954

LET'S HEAR SOME RESPONSES!

Yup, it is indeed huge and diesel :D Maybe a tad too middy, but only a tad, overall I dig it! I hear the slight i5 harshness that I can't say I'm overly fond of, but I'm a 57 guy till the end! And I didn't know you got your Windsor modded :loco: Really not digging the snare though, too snappy/airy, like there's too much bottom mic going on, but the rest of the drums sound pretty good (especially the kick, perfect for the style!), though the cymbals are too loud IMO.

Yup, it is indeed huge and diesel :D Maybe a tad too middy, but only a tad, overall I dig it! I hear the slight i5 harshness that I can't say I'm overly fond of, but I'm a 57 guy till the end! And I didn't know you got your Windsor modded :loco: Really not digging the snare though, too snappy/airy, like there's too much bottom mic going on, but the rest of the drums sound pretty good (especially the kick, perfect for the style!), though the cymbals are too loud IMO.

I also have two other modded amps aside from the Windsor, I assume your guess is that it is.

The original tone on this song (Breaking Benjamin- Had Enough) was quite middy and they are regarded for having some of the best Modern Rock tones around. I tried to nail the tone as closely as possible. I'm glad you like the tone though!

Ah, well if they're regarded as having some of the best around, then who am I to argue with the bandwagon argument? :D Anyway, I've never heard the original, but yeah, overall I dig it - and I still guess the Windsor, though I notice you removed one of the clues in your OP ;)

I have no idea what the amp is, but I can say I really like the tone! :D

I'm going to take a WILD STAB and say...umm...geez I don't know. Something wants me to say it's some kind of Marshall, but the response in those low notes makes me not want to say that. :lol:

It wouldn't happen to be a 5150/6505 would it? :lol:

It sounds like a Marshall with the gain and bass of a 5150.WTF?Is it a KK signature?

Then again i guess you wouldnt mode that

I'm going along with Marcus and guess it's your Windsor, modded. But whatever it is, that's a fantastic tone!

Edit: Oops...wait. You said it's the first time for you to mic this. Hmm, in that case...I have no clue. lol