Human/Humankind

couldn't agree with you more, metalmancpa. whether we create something that destroys us or just suck our resources dry in order to coninually make new things, technology will play a huge role in mankinds problems.

a lot of problems in the world are a result of our run amock capitalism. its all about profit, the rich hording all of the resources to make the people who slave to make products for them have to then turn around and buy it. this is why there is crime, because money, goods, and even the most essential things needed to life, are not distributed evenly to everyone. and people are then exploited to make corporate gain. foreign lands are stripped of their resources so that we can drive our fancy little cars, sweatshops are put up to have cheap labor which means lower prices which means more consumers which means more money, and lets not forget the how capitalism puts quantity over quality. its all about money, and it makes me sick.

Think of it this way: It's better for them to:

- Control and divert our attention through means of mass-media, and keep us focused on supporting them.
- While the populace is distracted, destroy the economic structure of your rivals, and create a living hell for the innocents trying to survive/
- Create divisions in your society, further distracting them from your efforts, as they will be fighting eachother with meaningless campaigns of racism, murder, discrimination etc. etc. and they will be stuck in this rut that inequality has brought them.
- Protect corporate interests to increase capital income.

These are just a few examples, but they are all utilized to further efforts of total control.

As I see it - man is creating technology which is getting exponentially smarter. Humans have been around for how many thousands of years, and computers what - 30 or so years?

Whether it's been in a movie or not, technology will be the ultimate destruction of man [IMO]

It's going to be a quicker descent than ascent, trust me, as weapons are becoming more powerful and destructive, and in greater quantities, too.

Technology while seeming great, can be used against us. Tools of espionage can really limit what we can do with this technology. We should all just stick with our kitchen appliances, to be safe.

sullen jester
"Think of it this way: It's better for them to:

- Control and divert our attention through means of mass-media, and keep us focused on supporting them.
- While the populace is distracted, destroy the economic structure of your rivals, and create a living hell for the innocents trying to survive/
- Create divisions in your society, further distracting them from your efforts, as they will be fighting eachother with meaningless campaigns of racism, murder, discrimination etc. etc. and they will be stuck in this rut that inequality has brought them.
- Protect corporate interests to increase capital income.

These are just a few examples, but they are all utilized to further efforts of total control"

i couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Na i have grown to hate art. If i could get rid of art and love i could rest in peace and take my final step...but both things hold me back

Hey Misanthrope, why the constant schizokinesis ? I'm sorry if I'm off mark - I don't know you that well - but why are you going in circles for such a long time ? Here's my potentially lame advice :

1. Get out of the place where you live and spend most of your time and travel - not necessarily far away or using lots of resources/money - just get out into a different environment for a week or so.
2. When you return, *look around*.

Life *is* beautiful.