Hurricane Ivan.....

This is the latest image from the National Weather Service. It pretty much has the Tampa Bay area taking a direct hit. :ill:

100853W5.gif

I am just hoping that when Ivan hits Cuba's high mountains it looses most of its power and changes direction. That may be selfish but you know mother nature is a bitch and I WILL NOT BE DENIED :loco:

Bear

Not that I'm a meterologist (I don't even play one on TV!) but it would have to get pretty bad here before they stop letting planes into Atlanta. A few flights were delayed last weekend because of the Frances aftermath, but nothing major. If Ivan hits us up here, it will probably have weakened a great deal by then. It will still be icky, but likely not cause for mass cancellations.

That said, if I lived in Florida, I'd be thinking about driving if possible.

Shaye

goddamnit...i have so much money in this all ready...and it is my first prog power...and...ahhhhhhhhhhh damn you ivan

and i'm already missing 2 whole days of class for prog power, i can't move the flight up and miss more :yell:

Jon Oliva lives abit north of tampa. Actually about a mile from Creeps and my mom....me I'm in Daytona Bch. I think Zak and the some of the Savatage guys live in that vicinity... I know Circle2Circle was local to Tampa.

Took a good hit from Charlie and rode all 26 hours of Frances but dont want any part of this one......The hell with anything that will screw up my plans for PP. Fuck u Ivan..... I would say bring it on but then means dealing with it...... See me next year Ivan and I will take any thing your ass can blow my way.

I dont think Cuba is wide enough to slow down or take some of Ivans strength away but the speed it is going , it could still be in Hurricane status when it arrives in the Atlanta area......pending it takes that route. All on where it makes land fall and the category it is......and some help from the Metal Gods..... I didnt take the wood off my windows yet.....have some work to do before i make the trip up north.

Jon Oliva is indeed in the Tampa area along with Dr. Kildrums. I'm not sure where Zak and Chris live.

Yep, this sucks! I just finished fixing my roof yesterday from Frances, lucky the repairs I did from Charley are still intact. I'll probably be boarding up tomorrow or Sunday. The Home Depot and Lowe's in Central Florida are constantly running out of everything the second a supply truck shows up. Forget about finding a generator.

Argh! I AM GOING TO THIS EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If, IF, I can make it, we are going to pass out a bunch of copies of our CD out for free. One of the songs will be on the sampler CD. Enough self promotion.

SEE YOU IN ATLANTA!

All of The Sava-band and Jon Oliva's Pain
live quite close to each other. Chris Caffery
is driving down to FL from NY. So all member's
of both bands will be in the Tampa area prior to
the arrival of that bastard- Ivan...!

Hey Ivan,...........GO THE FUCK AWAY!

:puke:

The only thing that Ivan could do that wouldnt suck would be if on the way back home I SADLY get stuck in the Airport at the same time with all the bands and theres an impromtu Edguy Acoustic set followed by wild shenanigans and tom foolery with Tad morose.

But... I doubt that'll happen so yea, Hurrican Ivan can go eat a dick.

Ben

I'm starting to thank my bad luck in saving money which has forced me to drive instead of fly. I have been working crazy amounts of overtime so I haven't seen the news lately. This morning I was asked if Ivan was going to affect my trip.. I hadn't even thought about it yet because I hadn't been watching the news lately. I bet we'll all be safe and there shouldn't be too many delays or cancelations. From the map that dtfanatic posted, I'm hoping the rain will be mild since it's near the outskirts of the projection. If you think about it, the more ground Ivan covers he loses speed and ferocity. Hopefully by the time he gets far enough inland, the surrounding affects won't reach Altanta because he would have slowed down a bit more than the projection map indicates. Hopefully.

Even still, I feel for all of you in Florida! It's unfathomable to have 3 hurricanes in a single month! When we all start heading down/over/up to Atlanta, I'll be happy to help anyone who's plans have been messed up because of Ivan. Head over to the Fairfield or Granada hotel, there will be plenty of people to hang out with!

Tammy Z

tooobad71 said:
it could still be in Hurricane status when it arrives in the Atlanta area
If this ever happens that must mean that hell has frozen over and the Apocalypse is here.

I have lived in Atlanta for a while and we have never had a hurricane hit here. Only one time in my entire memory was a storm even a tropical strom when it hit Atlanta (I believe it was Irene some time in the 90s), and it was a really weak one at that. Francsis was a tropical depression when it hit and nothing got cancelled; it was just like a long thunderstorm.

We are a lot further from the coast than I think a lot of you northern folks realize. It is a 5 or 6 hour drive just to the Flordia boarder. This a pretty safe place to live weather wise.

In other words, I think we will be fine here. However, if you live in Flordia maybe you should think about coming up here early.

Actually Atlanta's closer to the border than you think. It takes me 3 hours from Tampa straight up I-75 to the Florida/Georgia border, and I've gotten to Atlanta after that in another 3 and a half to 4 hours. Of course this is going to take a lot longer next week. :yuk:

ReaLM said:
If this ever happens that must mean that hell has frozen over and the Apocalypse is here.

I have lived in Atlanta for a while and we have never had a hurricane hit here. Only one time in my entire memory was a storm even a tropical strom when it hit Atlanta (I believe it was Irene some time in the 90s), and it was a really weak one at that.
Opal, you must mean... that was fun! Down near Columbus, we were without power for 5 days, believe it or not. Out in the boonies, it was more like 2 weeks for some folks.

But the point still stands--if a "hurricane" hits here, likely it won't be a hurricane by that time (hence my earlier post). There's a chance we'll have some severe thunderstorms, but in all likelihood, that will be about it. We are pretty far inland, all things considered.

Not to be a Pollyanna, but there's no need to go Chicken Little, either. :)

Shaye

Well good luck to whole Sava-C2C-Pain crew, Kamelot, and everyone else down in Florida (as well as the islands - I fear Jamaica will be devastated). What is an inconvenience for many of us going South is life threatening for those that live down there.

Steve in Philly