HURRICANE RITA PARTY!!

Astral Poetry

"Eros! Your hand...!"
Mar 21, 2003
"...it's missing!"
My town is getting evacuated tomorrow, but I'm thinking: gale-force winds + torrential rains + rum

Anywho, I'll see you guys in a few days.

kiss kiss to sam

...fag...

Two weeks doesn't sound out of the question. When Isabelle hit Richmond two years ago (two years exactly as of this past Sunday) I had a number of professors who were without power in their homes for three weeks.

Random internet finding:

texas%20taking%20it.jpg

:err:

Now the eye is apparently going to come right over us. I just finished moving all of the patio furniture and plants into the garage, and we're packing to leave for austin tomorrow morning.

Things for (eb) alex to do:
-film hurricane
-windsurf
-tie self to tree
-get stoned and try to play games with the hurricane
-loot Wenglar's house

update: Hurricane Rita's pressure has dropped to 898 and is now the third most powerful hurricane ever in the Atlantic basin. Winds are up to like 180 with even stronger gusts.

I'm now not sure that my house is going to withstand this. time will tell

Well, the important thing to remember is that Category 5 storms are really unstable and that it's very hard for a storm to remain at that level for long. So if it is a Cat. 5 that far from land, there's a decent chance of it losing some strength before making landfall. After all, only 3 storms to hit the US since 1928 were Cat. 5 when they hit. In fact, several of the stronger storms I've been in (Isabel in 2003 and Hugo in 1989 come to mind) were Cat. 5 at one time or other and were then downgraded before making landfall.

Either that or we're going to see a US hurricane strike that rivals Camille for intensity.

Well, the path has now shifted slightly east of us (a very good thing). I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that it keeps changing, as we leave tomorrow morning, bright and early.