hurricane ...

holy shit...some religious fundamentalist group is claiming that as Katrina came ashore in Louisiana, the satellite imagry looked like a fetus wtf
katrina%20as%20fetus.jpg
katrinaasfetus.jpg

because LA has six abortion centers and five are in New Orleans, the mighty wrath of the Hurricane Fetus was there to DESTROY EVIL.

this is the beginning of the end of the world :p
they're going to bring the plague to houston and it's going to spread and spread and spreeeeeead. wait, houston already IS the plauge. nevermind then.

but yeah it's a shame. no matter if it was a shitty city or not, it had some really cool history and things to check out in that regard. derick and i were planning to go there next summer but it's not going to be any better by then. plus all the buildings and things we wanted to see will most likely be gone or else condemned just like everything else.

i feel really bad for all the people that are homeless now and/or have lost family members. many of those people were born there and couldn't afford to move even if they wanted to. i would never have wanted to *live* there because i knew this risk. but i wanted to visit :(

and the remnants of the storm we got the other night resulted in the dog getting loose and chasing a woman down the street, kittens almost drowning in the trash can, and blooooood. :erk:

Damn, you joke about the flood victims, untold thousands of which have been condemned to poverty, spreading waterborne diseases that we never think will infect people in our borders into Texas and elsewhere, the looming medical crisis is going to make the avian flu look like a slight sniffle...so fucking scary. If Bush isn't scared shitless, he's probably grinning wide because no one will ask him why we haven't caught Bin Laden for the rest of the year.

ah i'm still VERY concerned over the possible spread of disease. i was just taking a moment to kick houston in the balls.

don't know if you guys saw that link i posted to CNN ... but basically ... to get a visual of NO ...

it is between the Mississipi and Lake Ponchentrain ... both sides have breached levees ... and the city is in between ... below sea level ... in a bowl shaped area ... water has no where to go!!! ... electricity to run the pumps is non existent ... and really even if it did ... will take forever to pump out all the water.

things are not looking good for the future of that city.

hahah ... where do you get these news lizard ... you are like an internet search God :loco:

wooooooo...gotta have priorities...
Hotels to evacuees: Go before big game

Many Tallahassee hotels have told hurricane evacuees they'll have to move by the day of the FSU-Miami football game so that fan bookings can be honored.

BY MARY ELLEN KLAS

meklas@herald.com

TALLAHASSEE - Hundreds of Katrina evacuees who fled to Tallahassee seeking refuge from the storm have been politely told by their hotels and motels to leave this weekend to make room for a football game: FSU vs. Miami.

lizard said:
he just stayed on vacation for days after the biggest natural disaster in decades.

editorial boards all over the nation, including the ultra-conservative NH Union Leader, are blasting him.

Liz, really, who cares? It's not like he couldn't pick up the phone to call in orders and whatnot (which was done). What would have been the right move? Landing his plane the day of the hurricane at NOLA airport in a move designed as posturing?

Then some pansy-ass liberal faggot would just start crying about how the gigantic Air Force One was in the way of the emergency relief aircraft.
tickled.gif

from today's NEW YORK TIMES ...

looks like the decadent bead throwing area is OKAY!!!!

We are just beginning to appreciate the human disaster occurring in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. Hundreds, maybe thousands, have already perished. Hundreds of thousands will lose their homes and all their worldly possessions. Untold numbers of businesses will close their doors, throwing huge numbers of people out of work. New Orleans, its population already in decline, now faces economic and social collapse.

It also faces the loss of some of America's most notable historic architecture. Maybe not in the French Quarter, which may emerge relatively intact, or the Garden District, which was spared most of the flooding. The dangers lie in neighborhoods like Tremé and Mid-City, which extend along Bayou Road toward Lake Pontchartrain and are rich in 18th- and 19th-century homes, shops, churches and social halls. They have been badly hit by the violent winds or torrents of water. And so have hundreds of other important buildings and vernacular structures throughout the city and across the breadth of South Louisiana and the Gulf Coast.