hya

i remember you!
most every maiden fan has a specific era in the bands career they think far outshines the rest but nobody agrees on what it is.

7th son
brave new world
powerslave
x factor
killers

theyre all good places to start, but the songs the band is best known for are on
piece of mind and number of the beast so even though those 2 dont come up as peoples favorites as much, they are probably the best to start with.

If you want to hear the albums with the best known songs then that would be Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind & Powerslave. Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are also excellent albums that employ the use of synths. The first two albums (Iron Maiden and Killers) are with Paul Di'anno at the vocals and they are very raw and almost punk-like and they are usually overlooked but they are also great albums. Basically any album from Iron Maiden - Seventh Son are worth owning, after that I believe there is no "must get" album unless you really want to own them. I like a few of them but not as much as their earlier stuff.

John Silver said:
The only albums all Maiden fans can agree on:

The Number of the beast
Seventh son of a seventh son
Piece of mind
Somewhere in time

Wrong!

I'm a huge Maiden fan and have been for many years and I find SSOASS to be a total borefest as well as untr00 Maiden. SIT is ok but nothing special. NOB and POM every Maiden fan will agree on.

So every Maiden fan likes the keyboard sound which softens the Metal?

So every Maiden fan will sit and listen to the story without getting bored?

Don't they think that each song sounds practically the same?

Profånity said:
So every Maiden fan likes the keyboard sound which softens the Metal?

So every Maiden fan will sit and listen to the story without getting bored?

Don't they think that each song sounds practically the same?
Profanity, you say the dumbest things.

Profånity said:
Wrong!

I'm a huge Maiden fan and have been for many years and I find SSOASS to be a total borefest as well as untr00 Maiden. SIT is ok but nothing special. NOB and POM every Maiden fan will agree on.
I agree 100% with Profanity. SSOASS is soooooooooooooooooooooo overrated and boring. Frankly I'm baffled why people seem to like this album so much. The only reasonable explanation I've found is due to the time it was released-1988- Metal was mainstream and a lot of noob metal and Maiden listeners started with this album. Surely anyone that listened to Maiden prior to 1988 has to realize how mediocre SSOASS really is...