Hypocrisy / ATOED Tabs

well you can tune yourself in standard A if you want even though you play a tune that was written with a D tuning.... important thing is that you can reach the lower stuff and all

but dont try to play hypocrisy with a drop C tuning :p

well you can tune yourself in standard A if you want even though you play a tune that was written with a D tuning.... important thing is that you can reach the lower stuff and all

but dont try to play hypocrisy with a drop C tuning :p

Don't worry, I hate that fucking tuning to. :puke:

Global Domination, still w.i.p though

That last lead part is soooo nice.
Code:
Titel: Global Domination                                  
Band: Hypocrisy
Album: A Taste of Extreme Divinity
Year: 2009

tabbed by Hypocrite 10/28/2009 
contact my via recalltohell at web.de

Tuning B E A D G b e

I tabbed this song with my 7-sting but left out the highest string.
Be aware fifth string is a g, not f#.

0:00

Lead Guitar

||---------------------|--------------------|-------------------|
||-----------------/6--|--3----4----4---4---|-------------------|
||--6----6----6--------|--------------------|--2----1-----------|

Rhythm Guitar

||-6-------------------|--------------------|-------------------|
||-6-------------------|--------------------|-------------------|
||-4-------------------|--------------------|-------------------|

||-----------------/6--|--3----4----4---4---|-------------------|
||--6----6----6--------|--------------------|--6----7-----------|

||---------------------|-----------6--6--6--|--4--4--4----------|
||---------------------|-----------6--6--6--|--4--4--4----------|
||---------------------|-----------4--4--4--|--2--2--2----------|
                                   .  .  .     .  .  .

Repeat twice.

0:17

Lead Guitar

|--------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------|
|--8--8--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--9--|--9--9--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--9--|
   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .     .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Rhythm Guitar

|--6--6--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--7--|--7--7--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--7--|
   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .     .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Lead Guitar

|--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--9--|--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--|

Rhythm Guitar

|--6--6--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--7--|--7--7--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--6--|

Lead Guitar

|--------------------------------|---------------------|---------------|
|--9--9--9--8--8--8--8--8----8---|---8----6----6----6--|---------------|
   .  .  .

Rhythm Guitar

|-----------------------6----6---|---6----4----4----4--|---------------|
|--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6----6---|---6----4----4----4--|---------------|
|-----------------------4----4---|---4----2----2----2--|---------------|

0:27

Lead Guitar

|--8--8--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--9--|--9--9--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--9--|

Rhythm Guitar

|--6--6--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--7--|--7--7--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--7--|

Lead Guitar

|--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--9--|--9--9--8--9--9--9--9--9-11-11-11--9--9--9--|

Rhythm Guitar

|--6--6--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--7--|--7--7--6--7--7--7--7--7--9--9--9--7--7--7--|

Lead Guitar

|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
|--9--9--11-11-11-9--9--9--11-11-|-11-9--9--9--9--9--11-11-11--9--|

Rhythm Guitar

|--------------------------------|-----------------------------------|
|--7--7--7--9--9--9--7--7--7--9--|--9--9--7--7--7--7--7--9--9--9--7--|

Lead Guitar

Lead Guitar

|--------------------------------------------|-------------------------------|
|--9--9--8--8--8--8--8--9--9--9--8--8--8--9--|--------4-/7--4~--3-4-3--------|
|--------------------------------------------|-----6------------------/6--8--|
|--------------------------------------------|--6----------------------------|

|--------------------------------------------|--------4-/7--4~--3-4-3--------|
|--------------------------------------------|-----6------------------/6--8--|
|--6--6--6--6--6--7--7--7--6--6--6--6--6--7--|--6----------------------------|

repeat this passage twice.
this is just the basic structure for the fast part, please find the right rhythm yourself.

1:02

Both Guitars

|--------------------------------|
|-3~----3-4-3----/8-4------------|
|----6--------6--------6--4-6~---|
|------------------------------6-|

Gonna complete the song soon, i hope.

I also think that some of the songs on this album are in A#. Tamed for sure is.... I also thought Global domination was.

LOL

Can you play the breakdown of Sky's falling down with a standard B tuning?

I thought it was a fucking low A# not a B...but last time I played it I was drunk...maybe I was tuned in B and not in A#, LOL

It's the same powerchord like in the beginning of song #7, taste the extreme divinity and i'm pretty sure it B.

you could compare that riff with the intro of bloodbath's the ascension. almost the same riffing, too.

2--5-9-8
0--3-7-6

sounds evil as fuck, but it's 'just' B.

some songs are defenately played with a lower tuning then b standard.

just check hang him high, or the title track ..as well as warpath.

a while ago i checked the concert footage of the virus bonus dvd...and if i remember right they played the show with an A tuning

just check out the eraser or roswell..from that show....
you will hear that its lower, when you try to play to that song with a b tuning.

so you are saying that he played the old tunes lower, not that he played them on higher fretts than usual due to a lower tuning?

Yes. It would be impossible/dumb to play songs transposed rather than just playing normal at a lower tuning. I do believe live he sticks with lower and the new album is lower than B for quite a few songs.

Im still trying to figure out how to post my Tamed tab here...

Hang Him High is not in B, quite few songs are in lower tunings.

ok then explain to me why THE FINAL CHAPTER is 100% Standard B tuning AND also nightmare made flesh from Bloodbath?
Well, just because he had B on those he doesn't have to use it on all records?

I never said that

I meant that Peter obviously didnt feel the need to tune his guitar even lower BECAUSE it would fit his vocal range better, because he used standard B in albums where he produced the lower growls.

these albums were made a long time ago. His way of singing changes a lot from an album to the other, and also, voice is not the same when you get older. He may have found that some tunings are better for him.

Also, sometimes some tunings fit better some songs, and that's all. Classical composers even often choose the tuning of their pieces in function of the mood they want it to be.