Hypocrisy Web Site. Calls it Quits. "No Support"

ArtisanBass

I like a nice salad......
Nov 13, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.artisanmetal.com
I went to the page on a suggestion of a friend. I hadn't been there in a while so I checked it out and it's gone. The first time I loaded it up under http://fly.to/hypocrisy There was a white page and a post by the person who ran it claiming no joy over label communication from Nuclear Blast. Said he was never put in contact with the band, never got promotional material and so on. I don't know to what extent, but he claims he was blown off by the label. When I went to www.hypoweb.net which is the same thing I just got a "Can not load message"

I can understand his frustration and why he wouldn't want to continue. Damn, there needs to be a Hypocrisy web site though. I'd do it if I had any knowledge of programming. Is there anybody who can pull it off? Does anybody think we should get a more descriptive story and info from the web master of the Hypocrisy site and then contact Nuclear Blast as a whole to see what's been going on? COMMENTS?

ArtisanBass

if you want to start to build a new hypocrisy web page i'll be the first one to help you! it would be great to set up a team of web-designers and programmers of the um-hypocrisy-board! maybe including the guy who made fly.to/hypocrisy!
and you are right, it might be necessary to contact nuclear blast! even if i think that they won't help you much! the best thing would be to get in contact with the band itself if possible....
maybe through this board! do you know if they read it from time to time?
by the way: who set up this board as the official hypocrisy board for them??
anyway, if anybody is planing to do a hypocrisy webpage contact me in this thread your via mail!

grtz, chriss

ok, seems like we'd have quite a few ppl that would help! so who is going to control the whole thing? how can we get in contact with nuclear blast or the band itself?

my skills are:
-html
-css
-php
-java
-a bit of photoshop and flash

keep writing back!

grtz, chriss

I'll try to contact NBA because I loosely know some people from the labels here in L.A. I'd like to know what NBA's take on it all is. Such as did they have a problem with the site? Were they going to make one themselves and so on. Any more suggestions?

ArtisanBass

Originally posted by ArtisanBass
I'll try to contact NBA because I loosely know some people from the labels here in L.A. I'd like to know what NBA's take on it all is. Such as did they have a problem with the site? Were they going to make one themselves and so on. Any more suggestions?

ArtisanBass

what does NBA stand for? maybe i should write to nuclear blast germany??
i registered some free webspace today which supports php and mysql. unfortunetaly the activation email hasn't reached me yet...
i hope it will tommorrow!
when the webspace is activated i'll write a small script where everybody who wants to help can register with his skills, personal information and so on... i'll post the url here then!

grtz, chriss

ok, i'll write a mail in the next moment!
last time i wrote to them it needed about 1 or 2 days 'till the wrote back so please be patient!

grtz, chriss

ok, i just wrote a mail to nuclear blast asking if they were planning to do a homepage.
i'll post here when i have an answer!

grtz, chriss

i just got reply from nuclear blast!
they said that an official homepage for hypocrisy is in work. a dutch friend (a girl/woman) of peter is working on it said the nuclear blast guy.
he thanked us for our interest to make a new hypo-page and he also said that there is an official german hypocrisy page under http://www.hypocrisy.de !
maybe i'll ask him when the new homepage will be finished.
if so, i'll tell you then! so i don't think that there is need to build a new page...

grtz, chriss

i just got another reply from nuclear blast. the guy said that he doesn't know when the new page will be ready and the label itself already waited very long for it... :(
he also said that he doesn't know this board...
how can this board be official if the label-guys don't know it? somebody tell me please!

grtz, chriss

ah, see! so when did this board start?? who has been in contact with the band and with whom of them?? did the band answer the board anytime?

grtz, chriss

Well, that was my best guess. The lable having a page in the works. As for them not knowing about the site. I think the band hits up Ultimate Metal or . UM hits up the bands about hosting the discussion boards. We can always ask UM. Somtimes labels arn't in the know about all the different things going on in the realm of thier own bands. Somtimes it's understandable. Somtimes, I'm shocked. Any how, I hope they get that site up soon. If not, we'll just have to make one anyhow. Like a fan appreciation one or something.

ArtisanBass

how did you get in the position to talk to peter liandrin??
concerning the website: i'd suggest to wait for another couple of months (maybe until x-max or something) and then talk again about making a site if the new official one is not up yet!

hey guys, i think i just found the guy who makes the new official hypocrisy homepage!! it's the moderator of this forum thewendy!!
i wonder why thewendy didn't post here....
if you read this please answer, so that we'll be able to know more about the new homepage!

thx, CHriss