hypothetical

jorn is not wasted talent anywhere. (listen to beyond twilight, then we can talk)

i think that you guys have named several great vocalists, but all of them are missing something.

D.C. Cooper- not NEARLY enough range in musical ability OR style. a decent voice but, realistically, not even close.

Edu Falaschi- this guy is amazing, but his style is nowhere near sym x. he doesn't have the sould and boldness that russell has.

Roy Khan- ... are you guys serious?.... i mean it ... are you? he's a good singer but my god he doesn't have a dixie cup compared to the sea of aggression russ has.he doesn't belt out lines like russ does... no SOUL again. NO BOOM!!!!!

Guy from adagio desperately wishes he was russell allen, but always falls short- in almost all departments.

if they used anyone BUT Jorn, i would hope they disband. jorn is the only one who has the boom, soul, range(both style and musical) and chops to replace such a guy as russ.

Problem with getting Jorn in is that the albums would all have to have their names changed in order to accommodate the man's behemoth ego, for example:

The Divine Wings of Jorn
Jorn In Olympus
Jorn: The New Mythology Jorn
Jorn's Odyssey
Paradise Jorn

Problem with getting Jorn in is that the albums would all have to have their names changed in order to accommodate the man's behemoth ego, for example:

The Divine Wings of Jorn
Jorn In Olympus
Jorn: The New Mythology Jorn
Jorn's Odyssey
Paradise Jorn

Whatever it takes for the earlier albums to be re-mastered.....Symphony Jorn and The Jorn Game might be my next purchases :err:

But on a more real note, as good of a singer as Roy Khan is, his voice isn't booming enough to sing for a band like Symphony X. He would NEVER be able to pull off singing songs like Seven or King of Terrors.

they could always leave those songs out. King of Terrors is a shit song and Seven might have sounded good 3 or 4 albums ago.

Just sayin...

If Russel Allen wasn't singing in symphony x who would make a good replacement?

DIO

GEOFF TATE?

BRUCE DICKINSON

damn dude, someone needs to apply the slappage to you. How could you even think like that ? Sent chills through my spine and made me feel like the world just ended. No Russ no X ! ......... any questions ?

I'd love to see Dio on stage with Russel but that would be like ......... ones really big and ones ........ really small. Ronnie could get on Russels shoulders ......... but would that make him ...... mini me ? Nope, probably wouldnt work out too good.

Tate is the most dynamic vocalist of the past 23 years, of this thing we call heavy metal but he belongs in Queensryche like Allen belongs in Symphony X ..... intregral elements

Bruce ? Love ya brother but steps aside, theres this dude named Russel Allen ? ........... Well he smoked ya ....... yea thats right

Zack Stevens can do all aspects like Russel but guess what .......... he belongs in Savatage and they better get their shit back together for at least one more killer recording.

Kahn is from the Geoff Tate school of expression and neither would have been right in Sym X

NO RUSS - NO X

"its better to burn out than fade away"