Top Five Favorite Metal Singers

1.) Robb Flynn (especially like his work on Unto the Locust)
2.) Matt Heafy of Trivium
3.) Bruce Dickinson / "Bruce Chickinson"
4.) Travis Ryan of Cattle Decapitation
5.) J-P Luna of Holy Grail

That was a tough list to make. There's so many different styles of metal. Lengthy honorable mention list

Brendon Small / "Nathan Explosion" of Dethklok
Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil
Dale Butler of Malefice
Ronnie James Dio
Phil Labonte of All That Remains
Ivan Moody of 5 Finger Death Punch
Christian Alvestam, formerly of Scar Symmetry
Anders Frieden of In Flames
Chris Clancy, formerly of Mutiny Within

Top Five Favorite Metal singers mm that is have to me but trust is this

1. Bruce Dickison and ( Kirsten Rosenberg )
2. Dio
3. Rob
4. Tim Ripper Owens
5.Michael Sweet

Aw, thank you (and to v2freak, too) for including me. :D And I'm very happy to see Michael Sweet--he IS phenomenal and I'm a big Stryper fan, too!

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10287182 said:
Aw, thank you (and to v2freak, too) for including me. :D And I'm very happy to see Michael Sweet--he IS phenomenal and I'm a big Stryper fan, too!

You're welcome. Uh, I'm new here so sorry for the question but are you supposed to be the actual Kirsten Rosenberg? Reminds me of a story my friend told where he was talking to someone claiming to be Curt Schilling. Never found out if it was or not.

Kirsten Rosenberg thank you , you have beatifull voice on the Iron Maidens yes that truthbecuase i see in past The Iron Maidens. Now you with the Iron Maidens become real and truth Iron Maiden tribute band this real band you rules

no track , you are everything is real and truth when they play

See I have to break down into 2 lists.....male and female because it's hard to compare the 2

male:
Bruce
Rob
Jon Olivia/Zack Stevens
Geoff Tate
Ronnie James Dio

Female:
Kirsten
Anette
Doro
Sharon den adel
Gigi

As for the Anette/ Tarja thing in Nightwish I like old and new NW. Dark Passion Play was Annette's first album in the big leagues and she had to step up her game. As for her place in NW you have to consider that her style is different from tarja's so Toumas had to adjust the way he writes their music. Listening to the new album it seems he has made that adjustment now. I like Lacuna Coil and Cristina Scabbia is a great singer but there are better singers and better bands.

This thread needs more Simone Simons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Pat Boone?!?! :)

.aaaboone1.jpg

1) Frank Mullen
2)Chuck schuldiner (spiritual healing is my fav of his vocals)
3) Mikael Akerfeldt
4) David Vincent
5) John Tardy

Honorable mentions, Warrel Dane, John Gallagher, Jeff Walker, Jens Kidman, Chris Barnes, George Fisher, Niels Adams, Brent Hoffman, and Burton C. Bell.

1- Floor Jansen
2- Mikael Åkerfeldt
3- Rowan London
4- Russell Allen
5- James Hetfield

Others: Simone Simons, Jørn Lande, Julie Kiss and Warrel Dane.

Have you heard James voice the past 15 or so years? Fucking awful.

As far as Metallica goes, I stopped with S&M back in 1999. If I come to this thread tomorrow again I would probably take him down the top 5 and put someone else, but right now I can't be bothered. Can't say I didn't enjoy James for plenty of years back then, still do enjoy S&M and the stuff before that tho.

1.) Robb Flynn (especially like his work on Unto the Locust)
2.) Matt Heafy of Trivium
3.) Bruce Dickinson / "Bruce Chickinson"
4.) Travis Ryan of Cattle Decapitation
5.) J-P Luna of Holy Grail

That was a tough list to make. There's so many different styles of metal. Lengthy honorable mention list

Brendon Small / "Nathan Explosion" of Dethklok
Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil
Dale Butler of Malefice
Ronnie James Dio
Phil Labonte of All That Remains
Ivan Moody of 5 Finger Death Punch
Christian Alvestam, formerly of Scar Symmetry
Anders Frieden of In Flames
Chris Clancy, formerly of Mutiny Within

Douchey as it sounds, I would like to amend my earlier post by adding more vocalists I think deserve recognition on my list.

Robert Lowe of Candlemass, one of the finest, soaring doom metal voices in the business. Perhaps the most impressive thing about him is that he doesn't look anything like how you might imagine, hearing his voice.

Randy Blythe, how could I forget this guy?

Sully Erna, I am not sure if Godsmack counts as metal or just really hard rock. I think of him as James Hetfield and then some.

Howard Jones and Jesse Leach of Killswitch Engage, both very unique singers with the ability to scream one second and deliver pure vocals the next.