I actually listened to 'St Anger' twice yesterday

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
which is about once more than I've listened to 'ReLoad' and I must say that I actually quite liked it. Very surprising. It's quite catchy, the singing isn't anywhere near as bad as people have said, it's heavy and interesting. I actually like the abrasive production, though on the downside, it can be a little repetitive. And I haven't really found any dud songs yet, but as long as they're better than "Struggle Within", that's ok.

The DVD is great. Rob is hilarioues, looks totally like a retarded gorrila! I could never fault his playing though.. amazing at times.

All in all, the album is pretty good. It's far from perfect, but that was kinda of the point I guess.

The DVD is very good, it's unfortunate I can't just put it in my cd player and only get the sound.
I like this album, never has bad as some people take pleasure saying, but it could have easily been better.
Like some of you said, it was intended that way, so it's a take or leave on the shelve situation. I guess I take, since I've been listening to it all week ;)
I just hope Metallica won't wait 6 years to release something else :(
*and I like reload* :)

Soul of a new Machine said:
I just hope Metallica won't wait 6 years to release something else

Which reminds me.. As much as I do like the album, it was far from worth the wait. :Smug:

Yeah I know. I'd say about six months work went into St Anger (6 days max recording ;) )
Thinking like that, it's sort of a let down.