I almost lost my job because of Opeth...

dude- fuck your boss!!!! what an asshole!
I work for a VERY busy convenience store who before I got hired, wasnt allowed to deviate from fucking "oldies or easy listening".. Well, I changed that shit FAST!! Now I play Opeth at least twice during my shift (8hrs) and other shit like Arcturus, Black Sabbath, etc... The only problem I ever had with a customer was when I put Slipknot's first cd on and all the cussing came on! LOL That was hilarious... I was biting my lip trying not to laugh.... The customer (who was there with his 8 year old daughter) got right up close to me and said "Your music is very inappropriate".. I just smiled and pushed the rim of my glasses up with my middle finger! HAHA I guess he didn't get it! Anyway- it figures I would get complaints while listening to fucking Slipknot.... never again in there, thats for sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont like their first cd much- I really liked the last cd though.. good death metal! hah Their drummer is pretty inventive, and their live show was quite the spectacle... I dunno. I cant really fault them, most people hate them, but I dont mind them at all. Its much better than fucking Papa Roach or Disturbed, etc...

Slipknot has good drumming, really. Most of the riffs seem dull to me though, and I can't stand the level of angst. Really, that's one thing I hate about most of the nu metal bands. Every song is like "MY RAGE IS HELD INSIDE I CUT MYSELF A THOUSAND TIMES"

That blows, man.

I worked at a little kiosk out at our local mall last year. (the kiosk was in the middle of one of the main isles of the mall), and my boss brough a pair of speakers, and said I could play music if I wanted while working, because the job was kind of dull.

So, I brought Blackwater Park, and blasted it pretty good. The old people that passed by all seemed to get really offended, but a couple gothos in Slipknot shirts asked what it was.

Eventually, the mall got too many complaints, and one of the mall officials informed me that I couldn't listen to music at the kiosk, so I politely turned it off.

When my boss came back, and I told him what happened, his words, regarding the mall employee were, "What an uptight bitch."

My boss ruled.

Originally posted by DoAsISayNotAsIDo
If i were you i'd smashed that retarded boss' face!
Yeah cause everybody knows smashing someone's face solves all of lifes problems :rolleyes:

I would have simply taught the ignorant prick a lesson about Opeth and Death Metal in general. If he still didn't get it, well there's not much you can do really.

I would've lost it man, seriously... to even have the fuckin nerve to call Opeth 'noise, junkie or satanic...' it's just ignorance in its purest form... But fuck... being the way I am, I would've either resigned on the spot or pumped the shit so loud that he would've fired me... I wouldn't take that shit from anyone.

You can listen to music at work? hah! I'm blindfolded all day and beaten until I cry, then I shovel the coal into the furnace. No music for me... me or my friends - we just shovel coal, then go on lunch. It's hot down there, in Hell.

Hehe :) But seriously though, I would kind of expect that reaction. Hate to be the devil's advocate, but to a person whose never ever heard death metal before, it sounds like Satan incarnate, coming out of a stereo. My boss at the graphics design house I worked at (I don't work there anymore, not because I got fired for listening to Opeth, or because I got fired at all) heard Soilwork for the first time, then I put in the Opeth. She really loved Opeth actually, and became a convert. Now, that was cool. Your boss is probably just really insecure about something - his faith or whatever. What he hears on the radio is great, that's what pop culture has fed him. Anything else is too scary to acknowledge. There are people like that out there!

But be smart man, don't play Opeth and keep your job. Unless your job really sucks, then quit and find something you can be happy doing. And wear an Opeth T-shirt to your interview... it makes 'em ask, "Who's that?"