I am dissapointed in Maiden...

Oakenson

Nature's Child
Aug 2, 2003
Michigan, USA
Visit site
I have been listening to Maiden now for about six years and I must say recently I have been quite dissapointed.

First of all, Nicko's arrest. How stupid can you get!? That was a very dumb thing for Nicko to do in my opinion. I have lost a lot of respect for him after hearing the rediculous news of his arrest.

I also think the Dance Of Death cover artwork is horrid! I can easily say it is one of the worst covers I have ever seen. I just love how child is placed over the dog :rolleyes:

But most of all, I listened to Wildest Dreams. And to say the least, I am far from impressed. This is definitly one of the worst (possibly the worst) Maiden song I have heard. How uninspired and how terrible sounding! Yuck! :ill:

Does anyone feel this way about the present-day Maiden happenings? I am getting quite dissapointed with the band, especially for a band that I have enjoyed and respected for years. Now we can only hope for a miracle to happen, but so far, I do not see this happening...

1:i can be wrong of course since i dont know him but i have always thought nicko was a friendly dude that does not go off very easy so if you make nicko mad i think you bloody well deserves it.

2.yeah but it is not the real cover...believe me it is a prank...and a damn good one too i think

3.there i agree..not a very good song

It had better be a prank, if they know what's good for them.

And am I the only guy that likes Wildest Dreams??

Nope, I'm not dissapointed. A bit worried, maybe.
DOD will kick ass. No doubt.
I can change the cover to whatever I want.
Nicko fewked up. Plain and simple. He's human.
Maiden will tour in Sweden again soon.
All in all, not bad.

I can't believe that the cover is anything other than a prank, although it's an expensive one (you'd think they might have slightly better things to spend their cash on, but so be it.) I don't like Wildest Dreams, but that doesn't mean to say that the album will not be good, it just means I don't like one song. ;) And as there are atleast 2 songs on Brave New World that I flat out refuse to listen to, that doesn't bother me too much really. (Heck, there are 4 ALBUMS that I flat out refuse to listen to. :lol: )

I like Wildest Dreams. I expect the album will be great. I hope Nicko doesn't go to jail. I hope the cover is fake. The setlist is disappointingly short. I'm fairly sure that Maiden will keep playing southern California. If all else fails, there's always BLAZE. His albums will surely continue to kick ass. That sums up my feelings. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Rainking
I do not see why everyone is in denial about the cover. I doubt it is a fake, and I know, it is that bad that people are denying it :lol:

Oh well, if it is a fake, let us hope the real cover is good...

Well a guy from their management told me it's the real cover, so if he's taking the piss (and who knows, he may well be), I hope the REAL cover is worth it!

Well considering Maiden had a whole decade of bad albums in the 90s, I'd say after BNW things are looking up. I don't care about the cover and Wildest Dreams isn't the greatest but it's also not as notoriously bad as something hideous like Futureal or The Angel and The Gambler.

The best thing Maiden can do is have Steve take a backseat in the writing department for awhile so they can come up with some fresh ideas. I'd like to hear a Maiden album where every song was written by Dickinson/Smith/ Murray.

I damn hope the cover is a fake, but though i think it's by far Maiden's worst cover, if it were for a band that doesn't have the bar for covers set so high like Maiden, then i don't think it would have so harsh of a backlash, if one at all. It's just bad by maiden standards, IMO.As for the song, it's not their best, not their worst. It's an alright song, just not very memorable, but that doesn't mean that the album itself will be bad. As a matter of fact, i'm optimistic.

scud said:
so come september 9th and when maiden fans worldwide would have listened to the garbage known as dance of death, would they be in denial again and keep posting shit like "maiden are playing a prank (a damn good one too), this is not the real album they wanted to release" and so on? ass kissing hasn't been this big anytime!

Come on. I'll be the first to say it's garbage if it actually is, but have you even heard it??

scud said:
so come september 9th and when maiden fans worldwide would have listened to the garbage known as dance of death, would they be in denial again and keep posting shit like "maiden are playing a prank (a damn good one too), this is not the real album they wanted to release" and so on? ass kissing hasn't been this big anytime!

If Dance of Death is garbage to my ears I'll say so. I had no problem hating No Prayer for the Dying after they had 7 near flawless studio albums before it. I simply don't care about the album cover.