I listened to 7th Son tonight....

Nightwing

The Equalizer......
Jul 3, 2003
Western Australia
Visit site
....really fucking loud.......
and I have to say, it took me back to when Iron Maiden were at the cutting edge of metal. What a masterpiece.
Brave New World was a good effort at a comeback, but having listened to Seventh Son today, I can't begin to tell you how much 'Dance of Death' sounds like a metaphorical sputum filled pussbucket by comparison.

The next album, if there is one, will, IMHO, determine the future of Maiden. If it sucks major anus, Bruce will likely go back to putting out kick-ass metal albums produced by Roy Z......as for Maiden.....after the Blaze debacle, Steve might decide to actually stop miming the words to the songs and have a go himself.....he couldn't be much worse.

I actually intended to pump SSOASS up rather than dump on DoD, but......shite happens!!
It's just great when you haven't listened to an album for a long time, and then pump it right up - sometimes it can almost take you back to where you were when you first heard it......and I mean HEARD it.

Stormwatch said:
I prefer DoD to BNW actually. But, like most bands, Maiden have had their Golden age and it finished with SSOASS unfortunately.
Yeah I think that's a pretty fair call, actually.
'Accident of Birth' was the album I would have liked to see Maiden make in the mid 90's......

AYe, I prefer AoB to TCW myself, it's a great album. But, like I said, classic eras can't go on forever, whether its Led Zep, AC/DC, Jethro Tull, Metallica or Maiden. They all start putting out either poor stuff, or in the Metallica case, utter shite.
But SSOASS WAS excellent! Martin Birch please come back?