dissapointed in seattle

The Bringer said:
If you want their old stuff live just listen to Tokyo Warhearts. And if your just a new fan now, you probably don't even know what that is.

tokyo warhearts was a godamn amazing album, had they recorded that a little later with some of their newer shit, i think it could quite possibly be considered the greatest... cuz it was missing a few good songs. I wish i could fuckin' get my hands on a copy of it, its hard to find anything like that where i live though.

there is a place here that could order it for me. but it would be like 30 bucks or more because they'd have to import it and shit, and i dont have that kind of money to spend on CDs with the shitass job i have now.

cpt teabag said:
I am the biggest fan I know of, I can play a lot of their songs and alexi is the reason I picked up my guitar again. I must say though I was EXTREMELY dissapointed in the show. There were like 500 people crammed into a small ass room and you couldnt see anything happening on stage. It was hot, there was NO circulation and by the time bodom got into the middle of their act I walked out (the only songs played before HCDR were SNBN, downfall, follow the reaper and bodom after midnight if i recall correctly). Combined with feeling like passing out, and being pissed because I expected to hear classic bodom songs but instead only new stuff. I mean, what happened to something wild? I saw the song lineup in other countries. We're not good enough for the old shit or you wanna spend time marketing your "new sound" to dumbass spoonfed metalheads in america? Thanks assholes. Favorite band = sellout. Fuckin Hooray. Didn't you see people moshing and going nuts for Silent night, Bodom night, but didn't really care so much about stuff off HCDR and AYDY? Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff, but making 80% of the shit you play live off the last two CDs REALLY pisses me off.

I don't want to be an asshole, but if you are looking forward to rocking out to classic bodom, this tour is not for you.

At least I still have Uematsu...

I'm in an analytical moment, so please, forgive me.

"I can play a lot of their songs"
That's nice, want a fucking cookie?

"and alexi is the reason I picked up my guitar again"
That's just sad dude. Sure, Alexi is badass but c'mon...he's not the best.

"I must say though I was EXTREMELY dissapointed in the show."
A buddy of mine in Portland caught tonight's show (there). He said the same thing.

"At least I still have Uematsu..."
This makes me have respect for you. I love Uematsu....great fucking composer. You ARE talking about Nobuo, right? If so, fucking killer dude.

Balls!

P.S. Yes, I am drunk. What else is new wanna fight about it?

NP: Byzantine - Five Faces of Madness

SSJ4SephirothX said:
"and alexi is the reason I picked up my guitar again"
That's just sad dude. Sure, Alexi is badass but c'mon...he's not the best.

Picking up a guitar after hearing Alexi is not anything to be ashamed of. You don't have to know all the world guitar virtuosos when you're starting guitar. I know I didn't and a lot of people didn't. So it's really not a problem, his point there is to let you know how huge Bodom is to him.

It's like a lot of people pick up a guitar after hearing Slash but then then they're introduced to Mr. Steven Siro Vai and everything changes.....

if bodom are strictly promoting their new album, then alexi shouldnt have bullshitted fans by saying, "when we start headlining there will be more of a mix of the older songs, so the older fans will have something to listen to" or some shit like that. theres nothing wrong with playing new songs, but i dont recall the name of this tour being Are You Dead Yet? 2005. if you say you're gonna deliver something, then do it. dont tell fans that you're gonna play more old material, and then strictly play your new shit. bands HAVE to play the classics. bodom obviously dont know what their doing. i mean...come on, if Motley Crue came on stage and didnt play Shout at the Devil....they'd get a lot of shit. or if Ozzy didnt play crazy train or bark at the moon one night...i mean what the fuck? i swear to god between alexi and janne fucking warmen there is no telling which one will be on the cover off teen bop magazine and playing with bands like limp bizkit or fucking korn. maybe that is a little dramatic but true point it, those 2 wont be around too much longer in the metal world. not as long as little kids keep sucking their dicks and they keep seeing $$$$. shit, you might has well just name those too lars ulrich and james hetfield

Wings of a dream said:
Picking up a guitar after hearing Alexi is not anything to be ashamed of. You don't have to know all the world guitar virtuosos when you're starting guitar. I know I didn't and a lot of people didn't. So it's really not a problem, his point there is to let you know how huge Bodom is to him.

It's like a lot of people pick up a guitar after hearing Slash but then then they're introduced to Mr. Steven Siro Vai and everything changes.....

that's a good point. i mean when i first started playing, Mick Mars and Joe Perry influenced me. alexi influenced me as well, but i was playing guitar long before i knew about him. so its possible that alexi is the reason this guy wanted to play, i mean..dont rag on him for it. what just because he hasnt been playing for 10-15 years? stuff like that is alright, i just hate kids that are all like oh shit, alexi is a fucking god, he is the best guitar player in the world...he is the best. and im like...alright what about Jake E. Lee..Eddie Van Halen...or Dimebag Darrell? (of course i ask about more guitar players, but...just to name a few) and they're like.....what, who? no...im sure alexi is better! call me old fashioned, but before you start praising boys like alexi you gotta know the legends first...you gotta know who started it all, and who made history, and what kind of building blocks they added to the beautiful thing we call heavy metal.

Jani Laiho said:
if bodom are strictly promoting their new album, then alexi shouldnt have bullshitted fans by saying, "when we start headlining there will be more of a mix of the older songs, so the older fans will have something to listen to" or some shit like that.

You do have a point there.

@ Nobuo Uematsu-sama? :worship:

---

Anyway, I guess you'll be more dissapointed if COB only played songs of AYDY?, you should consider yourself lucky tha¡t they played some oldies. Anyway, why did you left the konzert? Was it soooooooo bad?

Strengely enough, when any metal band comes to my country (Costa Rica), the shows are actually veeeeeeery good. The only problem is that we only have like two places for konzerts, and both have terrible sound quality.

Ahhhh, I remember the second time Kreator came to promote their new album (Enemy of God). It was a PERFECT konzert because they played both old and new. But still, Kretor's new album is godd while COB's is...well...not so much.

So I guess you could complain if they only played of AYDY?.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
I remember the second time Kreator came to promote their new album (Enemy of God). It was a PERFECT konzert because they played both old and new. But still, Kretor's new album is godd while COB's is...well...not so much.
Exactly, that's why I'm goin to see them a second time on that tour. :)

The Bringer said:
It took me awhile to get it but I own it and man does it fucking rock hard :D
You mean the CD in jewel case or the one in the Box?

Well, Bodom is the only band I'd stay to watch no matter what the conditions..
but you just can't enjoy the music if you feel like you're gonna die

I'm going to see them twice this weekend, once at the Galaxy in Santa Ana and once at the House of Blues in Hollywood. The HOB in Hollywood trully fucking blows, it's gonna have rude crowds and service, it's gonna be cramped, they're gonna sell crappy beers for $5-8 a bottle, and god forbid COB might play we're not gonna fall or Punch me :puke: but hey what the hell, I say fucking take it or leave it and I'm definitely taking it. There's no way I pass up seeing their first Headlining tour here.

bodomite said:
stop complaining

No kidding...Fuck.

Not only does anybody here care whether or not you personally enjoyed the show, but what the hell did you plan to accomplish by complaining about it on their fan forum? God man, that is rediculous.

Jani Laiho said:
shit, you might has well just name those too lars ulrich and james hetfield
At least those 2 played didn't bother to play too much St.Wanker crap on tour.

At least you got in...I went all the way to Seattle just to see the huge line outside of El Corazon and after a while the security guys came out and said the show was sold out so I was pretty disappointed, especially because the website where I tried to buy tickets the night before didn't work. And then I had to stay up most of the night because I had a paper due the next day :/ Oh well, I got to see them in Portland so it's all good now.

cpt teabag said:
I am the biggest fan I know of, I can play a lot of their songs and alexi is the reason I picked up my guitar again. I must say though I was EXTREMELY dissapointed in the show. There were like 500 people crammed into a small ass room and you couldnt see anything happening on stage. It was hot, there was NO circulation and by the time bodom got into the middle of their act I walked out (the only songs played before HCDR were SNBN, downfall, follow the reaper and bodom after midnight if i recall correctly). Combined with feeling like passing out, and being pissed because I expected to hear classic bodom songs but instead only new stuff. I mean, what happened to something wild? I saw the song lineup in other countries. We're not good enough for the old shit or you wanna spend time marketing your "new sound" to dumbass spoonfed metalheads in america? Thanks assholes. Favorite band = sellout. Fuckin Hooray. Didn't you see people moshing and going nuts for Silent night, Bodom night, but didn't really care so much about stuff off HCDR and AYDY? Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff, but making 80% of the shit you play live off the last two CDs REALLY pisses me off.

I don't want to be an asshole, but if you are looking forward to rocking out to classic bodom, this tour is not for you.

At least I still have Uematsu...

They play mostly new stuff because they're still somewhat new to touring in America, and they have a new album out which is probably attracting more people than "something wild". The setlist is different in Europe because the audience there has been exposed to COB for longer time, throughout all their albums. Although I agree and would have liked to see more of something wild and hatebreeder on this tour, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and you can't hate Bodom for that. They still played "downfall", and they did still kick ass, no matter what they were playing.