is this a problem for anyone else?

i call those ppl, bodom posers or AYDY posers. THey give cob a relle bad name..

i saw this goth emo girl wear a COBHC shirt in school once. I was so pissed off.

i think it's not only a prob of the correct pronouncing of the name.. i, for examlpe, come from germany, and right here it sometimes is completely the same -.- about five years ago maybe ten of all metalheads livin here knew the band, right now evry damn faggot is keepin on tellin how kewl CoB is.. i don't wanna say crap like "in the old times", or "the old albums". CoB is a pretty popular metal band right now, and it's okay evrybody knowin them. it just pisses me off that evry stupid little pussyrocker i knew from maybe a year before and always listened to kinda "silent" things like punk rock or just hard rock now tells me they always knew how kewl the CoBguys are, how impressive, and just start buyin shirts or other clothes from them, wearin their patches, but if ya at least ask them for one song, they maybe know two, three if ya got a lucky day ^^ i think u just have to know what yer tellin others, and what kind of music you stand for, if ya don't do that yer not better then all the mainstream-running guys with now own opinion.

couldnt have said it better.

I'm laughing my head off here :lol:. Well, okay, sometimes it's really annoying when people pronounce something else than "Bodom" - but, it happens and so what. I mean, finnish interviewers pronounce it funnily very often... and I think there isn't one right way to say it (all though i prefer finnish version and swedish just sucks). Like, some people say "dog" and others "dawg".

And then there is this AYDY thing going on. What's the thing that bothers you guys? Personally, I think it's great like all the other albums. And everybody has their own taste as I belive you all know. About the songs... In my opinion, Needled 24/7 is one of their best songs (though they have lot of them!) or atleast very good one, as are Hate Me, Lake Bodom, Downfall, Living Deadbeat, Everytime I Die etc.etc.etc.
I start seeing red when somebody insults fellow COB fans just because they like COB's newer stuff or because they don't wear black and all that typical metal stuff. I mean, hey come on! You don't need to be a metal head to like some metal bands/songs! Nobody should criticize people even though they'd look stupid...
But before you guys start throwing tomatoes at me, let me say one thing. I understand your angry when it comes to posers who doesn't know anytihng about the band and so one, who just listens to them 'cause it's "trendy". But be carefull, it doesn't mean, that if some "fan" doesn't own any albums/doesn't wear black he/she couldn't be a fan! And it would be nice if you wouldn't underestimate younger fans. Other thing I hate is age racism...

So, if you think you're a better fan and above all others... think again, be more open minded and let all COB fans do their own thing.
When you have setteld down, you can go and slap posers. :saint:

When I see someone with a AYDY or HCDR shirt. That usually means they are a new fan. Well this from what i've seen. Usually i'll talk to them and they only heard very few songs. Now when and if you ever see someone with one of those Rare Something Wild shirts, then you know you've met a true fan.:kickass:

Reminds me of a hardcore metalguy who was asking me loads of question about CoB. He thoughd that i was a wannabe fan, because i had the latest CoB shirt + wearing tight jeans(no emo pants, but normal regular jeans).
He asked me 50 things about CoB, and i could answer every single question. And then i asked him alexi's last name, and he couldnt answer that. And he didnt knew that hatebreeder was a album.

Personally i dont really see much people who are listening CoB only because its popular.

well IMO it doesnt matter what other pl call CoB, and whether they pronounce it wrong. they just dont know what is good :p

Chairman Kaga:
So you mean a new fan can't be a "true fan"? Why, why in hell you must own every single album, single, ep, dvd, t-shirt etc. before you can be a real fan? Furthermore, you should have listened to COB since 1997? It would mean younger people couldn't be true fans. I understand that it's nice to see someone with Something Wild t-shirt (such a great album it is), but people who own AYDY t-shirts are as good as those with SW shirts.

Hopely you didn't get me wrong ^^.

Chairman Kaga:
So you mean a new fan can't be a "true fan"? Why, why in hell you must own every single album, single, ep, dvd, t-shirt etc. before you can be a real fan? Furthermore, you should have listened to COB since 1997? It would mean younger people couldn't be true fans. I understand that it's nice to see someone with Something Wild t-shirt (such a great album it is), but people who own AYDY t-shirts are as good as those with SW shirts.

No i didn't mean to say that at all. I'm just saying a lot of the poser fans tend to wear AYDY shirts and only know like 2 songs. whereas the people with the older shirts tend to know their shit.:kickass:

Well, that's true ^^. But not all those AYDY dudes are posers and that's good to remember. But, what would our beloved world be without posers :D?

Well, that's true ^^. But not all those AYDY dudes are posers and that's good to remember. But, what would our beloved world be without posers :D?

I agree with you: BUT you should at least know what you are wearing there (a cob shirt).
a) I think it's often that a band member sees someone with cob merchandise in publicity and the non-member doesn't recognize the band member. I'm sorry but you can't be a real fan then.
b) at least you should have listened to all albums. Why? Maybe they did some nazi stuff or something in the past: Would you like to wear shirts of a nazi band?

I agree with you: BUT you should at least know what you are wearing there (a cob shirt).
a) I think it's often that a band member sees someone with cob merchandise in publicity and the non-member doesn't recognize the band member. I'm sorry but you can't be a real fan then.
b) at least you should have listened to all albums. Why? Maybe they did some nazi stuff or something in the past: Would you like to wear shirts of a nazi band?

Well yeah, I'm not sure how I would react BUT. There's always "the second chance", I mean, if some band would have done something like that in the past, but not anymore... I don't know, would it be that bad?

But, of course, I have spoke only generally. I have all COB albums, I like all of them etc. It is just my opinion, if u like some bands music, then you like and thats okay - but if you're a poser or an elite fan (I suppose you know what I mean)...

It must be different here in my town...

Most kids wear Abercrombie and Fitch and listen to either rap or some post-hardcore stuff. When they were Abercrombie on monday, a 50 cent shirt on tuesday, and a cobhc shirt on wendsday...i'm fucking sorry but that pisses me off. That's all I was getting at. And maybe I overreacted to their mispronunciation. In the english language (in america) you don't pronounce any O with an A sound. Not that i can think of...To pronounce bodom like badam is just WRONG. Yeah yeah i know "well there's no official meaning." COME ON. it just does not make sense.

"Needled 24-7 is definitely their best song." i didn't think they meant to interchange their best with my favorite. Maybe they meant it, maybe not. if they start talking about cob again, i'll ask them to name 10 songs. doesn't matter from waht album. if they can, then i'll leave them alone.

Well yeah, I'm not sure how I would react BUT. There's always "the second chance", I mean, if some band would have done something like that in the past, but not anymore... I don't know, would it be that bad?

But, of course, I have spoke only generally. I have all COB albums, I like all of them etc. It is just my opinion, if u like some bands music, then you like and thats okay - but if you're a poser or an elite fan (I suppose you know what I mean)...

I thought I have written an answer but maybe i forgot to push the submit reply.

The problem isn't that band X were nazis/emos(okay that would be a problem)/moon addicted or homosexuals as long I know it, it's okay for me. It's like those kufiyas everyone wears now in germany, and no one knows they wear signs of anti-Semitism.

i think it's not only a prob of the correct pronouncing of the name.. i, for examlpe, come from germany, and right here it sometimes is completely the same -.- about five years ago maybe ten of all metalheads livin here knew the band, right now evry damn faggot is keepin on tellin how kewl CoB is.. i don't wanna say crap like "in the old times", or "the old albums". CoB is a pretty popular metal band right now, and it's okay evrybody knowin them. it just pisses me off that evry stupid little pussyrocker i knew from maybe a year before and always listened to kinda "silent" things like punk rock or just hard rock now tells me they always knew how kewl the CoBguys are, how impressive, and just start buyin shirts or other clothes from them, wearin their patches, but if ya at least ask them for one song, they maybe know two, three if ya got a lucky day ^^ i think u just have to know what yer tellin others, and what kind of music you stand for, if ya don't do that yer not better then all the mainstream-running guys with now own opinion.

I hear ya mate. The thing with Bodom is that it also attracts people that listen to 'easy' music. They just go like this would be good without that weird singing :erk:

Back in 2001 I also found COB to be a small band that makes good music. Now everybody knows them. But it was inevitable, bound to happen.

They're not like some gay band that goes soon we will be the only band anyone knows! Last weeks/months they've been in some cottage doing one of the coolest albums ever, and not even keeping their fans informed. Just a tiny report once every 2-4 weeks to remember and respect their fans, but that's it. No fucking thruout reports on daily basis just to keep their fans entertained so they'll buy the album when it's out, like Nightwish.