I am, I am (blown the FUCK away)

Souls of Black

Thrashing Tempest
Jul 2, 2002
Visit site
First, let me premise this with a disclaimer:
"This is NOT a kiss ass, suckup, or any other kind of bullshit, this is my heartfelt opinion and I stand by it".

I just spent the last 57:18 minutes STANDING in my living room. I could not sit down. Let me also say that this is the very FIRST time that I have ever listened (on the very first listen that is) to an entire CD without fastforwarding, skipping, etc. I could not fucking move......EVERY hair on my body stood up within two min. I lost count of the chillbumps after 30 or so times...

I am in disbelief/awe/shock/utter happiness at what I have just heard. I have totally abstained from any listen AT ALL of this CD until I bought it. I have never been more glad of this.

With this first listen, one very clear thing comes to mind.....NM and Steve = OMFG. This is the greatest thing that has ever happend to this band. I heard things in this record that I only dreamed of in my wildest dreams/nightmares.

I could go into all the things I love about this, but everyone else has and I agree now. So I will just say that I am in total musical overload.

This CD is, without a doubt, one of my top 2 of the last 10 years. I cannot even fathom what the next CD will bring.

I want to thank ALL members of NM for making the wait most certainly worth while. Also, I want to comment that seeing all of the pic's in the last weeks, it looks like they are all very healthy and ready to slay every single Gigantour participant's ass from "face to back".

Guys, you have outdone yourself and I am glad to be able to listen to this record.

Humbly yours,
Jeff

p.s. I really like the guest appearance of James, pure class, my friends.

well said! couldn't agree more! I need another copy so I can enjoy both at home & while driving and not have to change a damn thing! I don't know if it's the excitement or my sheer laziness :tickled: I just saw them on 7/24 at Irvine, my first live Nevermore show and absolutely cannot wait for the next one! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

a future uncertain rocks my balls... when i first heard it i was like "ok, ok, a nice soft song after the powerhouse that is 'psalm of lydia'... then that thrash riff comes in.... DUH NUH NUH ... great song with nice solo.

Larf03 said:
I bought it Tuesday and it IS awesome... my favorite song is one that hasn't been mentionned so often and it's Future Uncertain

I'm in total agreement with you. For whatever reason, there hasn't been much discussion yet about A Future Uncertain. I think the song is amazing and I can't stop listening to it. Totally captivated by it.

Thanks DL and Kitty.

As far as a fav song, I still havent gotten that far. To me each song has a personality of its own and I guess I havent gotten to know them well enough yet. But if I had to say from first impression it would be Medicated Nation and Lydia.

:headbang:

SOB, i agree mang...i rushed out and got it on Tuesday and the download is crap compared to the real thing! its brilliant! i said it before and ill say it again, WD outdid himself on Sentient 6..that remains to be my fave song..
The Final Product is wicked and Psalm of Lydia seemed to grow on me! the whole album is awesome!

JohnDoe04 said:
I'm in total agreement with you. For whatever reason, there hasn't been much discussion yet about A Future Uncertain. I think the song is amazing and I can't stop listening to it. Totally captivated by it.

Same here. I couldn't stop listening to it today.
The intro just has this echoing/calming quality...highly addictive

Yep. I wholeheartedly agree with the poster of this thread!
This is an amazing album
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Ok, so it has been 4 days, and I have to tell ya, I cannot get enuf of this f'ing CD. I went to work today, put on headphones and listened to this nonstop for about 5 hours. It gets better with every listen.....
horns.gif

One thing I did not point out earlier, with WD's vox and the Shred bro's on guitar it is easy to leave out Jim and Van. I am so very impressed with the way the hold everything together and make it possible for the jamfest to happen.
horns-banger.gif

So far I have a copy of this in my computer, stereo, truck and at work. I think I still need more, maybe I will sleep with the headphones on......