I am disappointed from "Enemies of Reality"

HemiGTX said:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chances are that you won't get a civilized answer. Sorry about that. When the disc first came out, all the board saw was threads about the prod work. So, it's a sore spot with alot of members.

I only know this: The rough mixes were outstanding. Then it got mixed, and the band found some things they thought they could fix by mastering it. They mastered it. Problem is that it was mastered with settings that aren't for metal, but for POP records. That's somewhat of an explanation about it. (only from an interview with Metal Maniacs. That's where I got that) It doesn't answer the other questions, only the band can do that. If go to the top of the forum it has a STICKY topic: Got a question for the band? You can go in there and ask whatever you'd like to.

Personally, I'd PAY full price for the pre/rough mixes myself. I'd be satisfied if they did that, and some demo stuff on one disc, etc.

Just my .01 cents worth.

Thank you for taking to time to answer. With that said...It's a shame that it got messed up from re-mastering. I myself would buy the cd again if they re-released it. Guess when i'm at their next show, I will have to cherish the live quality.

This is from Loomis himself, he said that their "producer was trying to stray from the DHIADW sound and he wanted the album to sound harsher and more aggresive". I don't think it sounds "bad" persay, but it definately is harder on the ears to hear everything - it gives it more of a Live sound, which is what he was going for

FretsAflame said:
This is from Loomis himself, he said that their "producer was trying to stray from the DHIADW sound and he wanted the album to sound harsher and more aggresive". I don't think it sounds "bad" persay, but it definately is harder on the ears to hear everything - it gives it more of a Live sound, which is what he was going for

I think the "sound" is awesome in DHIADW. I have about a $3,000 car stero, and long story short is that I like my Metal loud. I like to intimidate the rap/pop fags. Anyways....when I have that kind of sound available, I get to hear this music from a different perspective. EoR just sounds sooo....flat...