I am no longer posting here...feel sick to my stomache.

foxdvd

Coolest Opeth Fan
Jul 17, 2001
USA
As an American who surfs the internet, and finds himself at many message boards based in other countries, or at least filled with members from other countries, I am use to anti-American posts. The hatred towards America is almost palatable at times. I usually ignore these things, and move on. These last 2 days though have made me sick. I am not the biggest fan of some of the things America has done, but I fully understand that the mistakes America has made seem large to other countries because of the size and strength of our nation. Our country is scrutinized and attacked because we are on top, and it is this that makes our mistakes so easy to see.

Still, I think I finally have to give up on visiting sites like this one. The anti-American posts at this site, by members of both the US and other counties, has made me sick. When a tragedy happens to one of our neighbors, millions of Americans flock to churches to pray. You may think they are stupid in doing so, and I would find it hard to argue with you, but the truth is they do it. Those people honestly believe that God listens to prayers, and they do what they feel is best to help. America pumps more money into other countries, especially in time of need, then anyone else. Now you might sit there with your jealous attitude and say it is because we have more money. This is not the point though. Do you honestly feel that China would help you the way America has? It will not be long before China is as rich a nation as America, and I bet that money stays inside their borders.

I am getting off the point of my message though. The multiple posts at this site spitting hate and anger, the very thing you seem to accuse America of, has made me unable to post here anymore. I care not what anyone says, and I fully expect many of you to be happy about this. If a plane hit a and killed over 10,000 people from Switzerland, people of America would cry, pray and send help. You would have almost NO people posting how they deserve it in a round-a-bout way. If the people responsible for the attacks were Jews who had their entire family fortune taken and sent to help people of Switzerland, and then told there was nothing they could do, you would not hear American’s go, “What did you expect?”

If a plane, or planes struck the heart of France, you would not hear Americans saying “how come people are so upset? “ You would not hear us saying that actions France has taken in the past, and money and support they have given to some countries that have killed, is the reason they have received these horrors. America would instantly be besides France, in getting revenge for the strikes. The amount of money America would spend would be probably 10 times the amount France itself would spend to attack the aggressors, and even help rebuild the country.

This list could go on and on. Look at the films of us Americans after this attack. Do you see panic? Do you see people running around in terror? What I see are people who are shaken, but in no way bent. When a bomb is dropped on an enemy, do you see Americans dancing in the streets? Do you see parties and celebrations?

I have enjoyed my time here, I hope things go great for this board. The friends I have made here, I hope you all keep happy and healthy. As much as I like this board, I can not keep posting alongside people who are so anti-American. I am American, and when you are anti-American, you are anti-me.

I'll miss you point of views, Foxdvd, and I think it sucks to see you go. I hope you stop in once and while.

Hello? Is this the foxdvd speaking that we're accustomed to seeing posting here?

I must say I don't quite grasp your point of view, but what does my opinion matter anyway? You've obviously made up your mind. I'm sorry to see you leave. Take care and simma lungt!

don't go and here's why: many of the anti-american sentiments on here are justified because we are truly an ignorant, sheltered people by and large. most americans never leave the country or listen to news reports from the rest of the world. obviously, it is only natural and fair that people have unfavorable opinions about the US. look around at all the SUVs -- we are a nation of self-serving, greedy, oblivious people. BUSH is our president, for god's sake.

HOWEVER, you and i and lots of people on this board AREN'T that way. we realize there is a world outside of our country and that our actions affect the world. it's up to us to show the world, if only the people on this board, that not all americans fit their stereotype. only then will the mass american hating lessen. the ones who are saying the stuff that pisses you off? make them see there are many more people in this country than is possible to lump together as one stereotype. don't just run away.

Originally posted by Lina
HOWEVER, you and i and lots of people on this board AREN'T that way. we realize there is a world outside of our country and that our actions affect the world. it's up to us to show the world, if only the people on this board, that not all americans fit their stereotype. only then will the mass american hating lessen. the ones who are saying the stuff that pisses you off? make them see there are many more people in this country than is possible to lump together as one stereotype. don't just run away.

Listen to the lovely lady fox :)

And check ur personal msgs

(that not supposed to be patronising Lina, sorry if it is :) I thought I should try and avoid digging myself into a hole)

foxdvd:

I am an American - but I think you are making a mistake for all the wrong reasons. For you as an individual, terrorism has won. As I have said before, terrorists look to inflict fear, to seperate those they attack. Your leaving for your stated reasons is a success to the effects the terrorists look for.

Hatred, finger pointing, and all these things that make you sick to your stomach are inherent in human nature. It is those who stand above it that break down the walls of the evil that surrounds us. I truely believe you should rethink your actions - as each small victory for terrorism adds up to a much bigger victory over time and in the long-run.

well, knowing that the bomb threads would be childish and imature i only read the first thread and not the rest and didn't even reply, i feel sorry to see you go, the board has lost another soul.:cry: , goodbye and good luck

I agree with you totally about the anti american shit.... its bullshit.... to see someone say that we deserved this kind of shit... its disgusting.... i haven't chose to leave the board, but i wont argue your decision, you shouldn't have to stay here and read that bulllshit if you dont want to.... good luck elsewhere =)

Some fucker pulls this stunt at every message board I've ever spent a decent amount of time on:

• Person is bothered by something on the board.
  • Person threatens to leave board.
  • Person gets tons of sympathy from fellow posters.
  • Sympathy boosts his self-esteem.
  • A couple days later, he's posting like nothing happened.

If you want us to be sympathetic, you are pathetic. I'd say the majority of your posts on here have been pretty good, but this is stupid and childish.

Yeah, I'm American too, and I hate hearing negative things said about us, but people are entitled to their opinions. What are you going to do, prove them wrong by not fitting into their stereotypes of America, or run off crying like a little bitch? Sure, run off, stregnthen the belief that this country is a bunch of pampered self-centered pansies if you want.

...or get your ass back in here and prove them wrong.

Ya foxdvd, even I read some of your post, most of them i dont like, like the ones were you lie about my site, hehe but ne way, dont leave just couse your upset. If i did that i would have left the first day hehe

I think terms like "sluck" and "Got Goat's Blood" will be remembered around this forum. You've been really cool - a lot of fun in the time you've been here.

I can't say I agree with your decision to leave, and I'm saddened, but if it's what you feel ya gotta do, then...