Sick bastards?

Originally posted by Orchid

Hear hear! And let's not forget how the U.S. military operation in 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia got all so wrong, the tale of which a great book, Blackhawk Down, tells. Their mission, to abduct top ranking lieutenants of the Somalian warlord, was supposed to take an hour, U.S.'s "elite soldiers" (the Deltas and the Rangers) carrying out the operation, but see what happened? The Somalians kicked their ass even what with the top-notch gear, training and planning the US soldiers had.

I want you to tell that to the 500 dead skinnies and over 1000 wounded (accurate stastics from the battle) sure tons of mistakes happend and shit hit the fan but... that mission was technically a success. No-one expected an RPG taking down a blackhawk thats a 1000:1 chance of it actualy happening. they say bin laden may have trained the men to take down a heli with an rpg just recently, the book did mention some getting training from sudan I beleive. But the people in washington pulled out..some think that if we went back in, considering adids forces where crippled after the engagment, that we would have been able to complete the campaign seccesfully.

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
Can you name one time where another country helped AMERICA out? i sure cant.

Well, we let you build all your fucking McDonald's and KFC's all over the place. That's surely got to count for something. ;)

Originally posted by Juggie
that mission was technically a success. No-one expected an RPG taking down a blackhawk thats a 1000:1 chance of it actualy happening.

Yes I agree, technically it was a successfully carried out mission. I was using that as an example to point out the fact that nothing should be taken for granted. Like almost everybody leaving the night vision goggles at the base. ("We didn't expect.." not much of an explanation)

they say bin laden may have trained the men to take down a heli with an rpg just recently

What about the Stingers the U.S. personnel have taught the Afghanistan guerillas to use? I keep hearing they have quite a few of those, and that's what worries me.

Originally posted by Juggie

I want you to tell that to the 500 dead skinnies and over 1000 wounded (accurate stastics from the battle) sure tons of mistakes happend and shit hit the fan but... that mission was technically a success. No-one expected an RPG taking down a blackhawk thats a 1000:1 chance of it actualy happening. they say bin laden may have trained the men to take down a heli with an rpg just recently, the book did mention some getting training from sudan I beleive. But the people in washington pulled out..some think that if we went back in, considering adids forces where crippled after the engagment, that we would have been able to complete the campaign seccesfully.

Yo.
I personally know 2 SEALs that were in Somalia. They don't consider the mission a success... just an exercise in futility.

And we were not fighting Sammies only. Mujahedeens had been in the country for weeks prior to the attack, and left soon after killing 18 Rangers. The SEALs cleaned the rest.

And let's not forget Madeleine Albright's comments that a million Iraqi children dead as result of sanctions, was a worthy price to pay in the war against Saddam. What a fucking bitch.

I mean seriously!

Originally posted by TravestyOfMan
Well, we let you build all your fucking McDonald's and KFC's all over the place. That's surely got to count for something.

Actually, those are franchises. Don't mistake a couple of greedy Amercians (and plenty of non-Americans too), for America.

Originally posted by Orchid
What about the Stingers the U.S. personnel have taught the Afghanistan guerillas to use? I keep hearing they have quite a few of those, and that's what worries me.

Actually, it is said, (by one of the men that worked with them), that those guerillas do not have the same moral values as either the Taliban or El Qaida. Therefore it is unlikely that they are to be feared, if that statement is true.