Sick bastards?

TravestyOfMan

What year is this?!?
Sep 22, 2001
Australia
I was just listening to a report on the radio about members of bin Laden's organisations calling for all Muslims to wage war against Americans and to attack U.S interests around the world. They said that there would be more plane hijackings and suicide missions like the one's on September 11. Then the words that really hit me were something along the lines of "There are many young Muslims who are willing to die for Islam. They are as fond of death as Americans are of life."

I have to admit, my initial reaction to this was "what sort of sick fucking people would say shit like that?" I mean, it's so disturbing when you look at what bin Laden and his followers have been saying. "Americans will never again know peace" and shit like that.

If it turns into an eye-for-an-eye sort of situation, it's going to wipe out so many innocent people. Something drastic needs to be done to end all this madness. My fear is that the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington are only the first, and least devastating, of a number of future attacks.

btw, are people sick of seeing these sort of posts on this board, or do you think that's it's important to talk about it? I just think it's cool to talk about non-Opeth stuff with (relatively) like-minded people (not that I'm assuming we'll agree with each other all the time, but you know what I mean).

I love talking OOT, it's good, especially with intelligent ppl ( I ASSUME anyone who likes opeth is a genius) And these forums are great and very friendly. Anyway on Bin Laden, Well, I kinda wish the US and all it's allies would walk into afgahnistan and TAKE IT OVER. We have the resources, why not do it.

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
I love talking OOT, it's good, especially with intelligent ppl ( I ASSUME anyone who likes opeth is a genius) And these forums are great and very friendly. Anyway on Bin Laden, Well, I kinda wish the US and all it's allies would walk into afgahnistan and TAKE IT OVER. We have the resources, why not do it.
that won't do any good, it would only harm the US and it's allies in the long term. now they only don't like the us meddling in the middle east and the us being a huge world power, if you take over their country they'll have just some more reasons to hate you....

"All is fair in love and war"

That's the basic truth that speaks for itself I think.

Another truth is the fact that misery and danger are actually norms of existence. People have been blinded from this repulsive fact and then get shocked when they're taken away from their plush and soothing cribs.

Another truth is that this is only the beginning.

When Bin Laden is captured and killed, he'll become a martyr and the world will witness the first major war of the 21st century. I'm really worried about it. Especially when you have a demograph of people so casual about life and so passionate about convictions and sacrifice. I'm worried we might enter an era of nuclear holocaust initiated by people and nations who have lost the reason to give a shit. Suicide bombers on the global scale?

I'm not a christian but do you know in the bible somewhere, probably in the Book of Revelations, two dates have been deciphered as the date of the end of the world. The first is year 2000 (of course this turns out to be false) and the second is the year 2006. And there are also passages therein that describe how this all happens and it refers to holy wars that are started in the middle east (not by these words, sorry if I don't reference, you'll have to take my word for it :eek: :eek: :eek: )

its nice to notice the many people on this forum including the ones that just posted, that arent anti american, and actually care about the world as a whole, and people dying. Unlike the other fucks who think this doesnt apply to them... well it aplies to everyone - im done ranting sorry

I think we should remove all terrorist harboring/supporting partys, everyone who supports killing innocent people for fucking holy dirt

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
i love how these stupid terrorist think they will be rewarded for their stupid fucking beleifs. where do they get these ideas in their sick stupid heads. i think the stench from them not showering is affecting their brains. they think they are martyr's for this???!!! no they are assholes, not martyrs. They dont deserve to live! DIE FUCKERS!

I think I have a similar attitude as Sentenced to Burn. This is a big, important moment in the history of our world, but jeez what a bad reason eh!?!?! These terrorists are just so stupid and brainwashed it is unbelievable really! I don't see how they believe this...it dosn't make sense to me at all.
People are so scared of these stupid ass holes. They get themselves into a mess of trouble and blame it on America. They recieve help from the most giving country (America) and a decade later are using that help against us. I hope they all rot in hell, because they deserve it. This has really just turned silly. I don't regard that people are dying as a silly matter, war is not something to not take seriously. But the motive behind these big scary stinky brown people is horrible.

I just want to make sure everyone knows that these acts, supposedly in the name of Allah, are not true representatives of Islam. Islam in itself is a lot like Christianity, only that it does not believe Jesus is the son of God, only a great prophet, and that Mohammmed is God's prophet. In the Koran, which is their equilvalent of the Bible, they have scripture taken from both the New and Old Testament. There are many other customs in Islam, but the basics are all the same. Most moslems worldwide do not support what bin Laden has done. So you have to keep that in mind when we talk about bombing them. We cant just go gung-ho and kill them all.
Also about the Revelations thing. First of all you have to remember Jesus was actually born a few years after 1 A.D. So according to the Bible, the end of the world will be in a few years. And you have to remember the Bible uses a lot of metaphors, similies, irony, paralellism, and many other writing techniques.
And lastly, we cannot march into Afghanistan because of the rough terrain. It is full of caves and valleys, and other rough geographical formations. Many years ago the British invaded Afghanistan, and soon after gave up. The same thing happened to the Russians. Afghanistan is said to be one of the worst places to invade. And thats about it.:D

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
i love how these stupid terrorist think they will be rewarded for their stupid fucking beleifs. where do they get these ideas in their sick stupid heads. i think the stench from them not showering is affecting their brains. they think they are martyr's for this???!!! no they are assholes, not martyrs. They dont deserve to live! DIE FUCKERS!

I would just like to say this kind of drastic under-estimation of the enemy shown by SentencedToBurn is quite dangerous. Look where not appreciating the capabilities of Bin Landen and his followers has gotten us :err:. The saying goes keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. People fail to realize that Bin Laden is a hero to not thousands, but millions of the Islam. America needs to drastically alter its handlings in the Middle East; I think that much is obvious. When you are as powerful as the United States you have to play fair (for lack of a better phrase) and when you have not played fair, like the United States has failed to do, you piss off a shit load of people.

people at my school are like kill em all, look at em they are just a bunch of rag tag soldiers (they didnt say it like that but thats what they ment considering theyre all idiots) but these people have been fighting all their lives and arnt worried about dieing, im wondering if the commanders over their consider causalitys a minor set back or a tragety.

Sept. 11 woke America up to what has been happening around the world for a long time. Up to Sept 11th, we (the US) have self pampered ourselves into believing (or masking) that we were immune to the atrocities (sp?) that exist elsewhere.

Well, that has certainly changed. And now I can only hope that the power that the US seems to be can prove itself on the world scale - because if we can't, our generation and those that follow will live in a much darker and dangerous world. It sickens me to see that people can believe that these sort of actions have any good in them.

And how can anybody be sick of posts like this? This is the real world - and the danger may be right next door.:eek:

Originally posted by metalmancpa
And how can anybody be sick of posts like this? This is the real world - and the danger may be right next door.:eek:

Yeah, I totally agree. This is pretty important stuff and people need to talk about it. It sounds clichéd, but this is a crucial time in the world's history. The effects of the actions taken now could be felt for decades to come. It really is that serious.

...oh dear. Much head shaking.

SentencedToBurn, Morningrise, on a larger scale, I'd polietly advise people like you to sit down and shut up before they do something stupid or piss the wrong person off.

Are these terrorists brainwashed? Yes, they're ready to be religious martyrs.

Are they stupid? This is irrelivant - if stupid people can take out the WTC and a large chunk of the Pentagon (the fucking PENTAGON!), what can smart people do? No, they're not stupid, they're blinded by faith, strong in their convictions - much of which are valid perspectives - they're just manipulated by their leaders into going about addressing their issues the wrong way (i.e. killing 6,000 civilians of the world's one remaining military superpower).

Metalmancpa is right, his eyes have been opened along with mine, those of the rest of America and the western world that guess what? That whole terrorism thing is an issue... it's just too bad it took them until THEIR citizens were killed to realize this and for this I do fault "us", but we can't dwell on that past, we have to work forwards, and when it comes to the fence-sitting Arab countries whose past cries out against terrorism have been met by the United States with apathy, I think a "yeah, we were wrong there, sorry 'bout that" from the U.S. might be in order. Of course, that'll never happen, too proud.

Can you imagine a guy walking into a Starbucks with a bunch of dynamite strapped to his chest to spoil everybody's latte? Here in Canada I can't imagine it - it's "impossible"... but is isn't so much in the middle east.

Nextly, Ishahn says many words with which I agree. Oh sure, we could go in and take over Afghanistan, that'd be as easy as going and eliminating... say.... all of the N.V.A. and Viet Cong in Vietnam. No problem for the U.S. military, right? The Soviets got kicked in Afghanistan a few years back as well. I know you gung-ho Americans might not think of the Commies as much, but their military was certainly something that should dominate a bunch of "big scary stinky brown people", wouldn't you say?

It's an invisible enemy folks... the guys who hijacked the 767's lived in America for years. Wanna round up all of the brown people and, say... throw them into internment camps? What would the Japanese-originated people of America have to say about this?

Osama bin Laden WANTS to be killed and is PLANNING on making himself a martyr to those prone to following him, he feels justified in being in the favour of his god, and his cause is above all else. As long as the majority of the Islamic world supports the actions of the United States, this can remain the controlled war against terrorism that has been necesary for a long time. If this doesn't happen, we're all pretty fucked, I'm afraid.

I fear how Saddam Hussien could play into this.

Whenever a part of a society is that much richer and better off than another part, something will always shake down and level things out eventually, and I'm afraid we are becoming a global village on many levels. The parts of the world that are progressing into the 21st century and the parts that have been exploited and remain in a backwards society that hasn't yet discovered the seperation of church and state can't coexist seperately forever. History catches up sooner or later.

Much of our world is going to change.

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Oh sure, we could go in and take over Afghanistan, that'd be as easy as going and eliminating... say.... all of the N.V.A. and Viet Cong in Vietnam. No problem for the U.S. military, right? The Soviets got kicked in Afghanistan a few years back as well.

Hear hear! And let's not forget how the U.S. military operation in 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia got all so wrong, the tale of which a great book, Blackhawk Down, tells. Their mission, to abduct top ranking lieutenants of the Somalian warlord, was supposed to take an hour, U.S.'s "elite soldiers" (the Deltas and the Rangers) carrying out the operation, but see what happened? The Somalians kicked their ass even what with the top-notch gear, training and planning the US soldiers had.

I can imagine US soldier boys rushing to Afghanistan thinking "haha, let's kick their brown asses with our superior training and hi-tech equipment and go back home safe in a week for beer bashing" and then face the grim circumstances of the Afghanistan mountains, where the Taleban soldiers (guerillas) have lived all their lives.

By the way, I was surprised to find out that Taleban has as many tanks (around 100?) and fighters as they do. And they have a shitload of Stingers which the US government has taught them to use. :)

ok if i said stupid maybe i picked the wrong words for that. They are stupid to beleive that what they are doing will get the rewarded in the after life. thats stupid! but to pull all this shit off you would have to be somewhat smart. thats why they went to all of the flight schools and shit. I dont see how Bin Laden is looked up too.
And i think all of this "America deserves this, america deserves that" shit is wrong. How many times have we helped countries out. We always help countries out when they are in need. We help them build their countrys up and such. Can you name one time where another country helped AMERICA out? i sure cant. I just think none of this should be happening. Just because of something America did (whatever they did) doesnt mean innocent people deserve to die.