I am not particularly sure if anyone has happened to notice this

jaykeegan

Jan 27, 2004
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I am not particularly sure if anyone has happened to notice this, But there is a new batch of drawings that have been applied to www.opeth.com recently. Some of these peices really display some extreme talent.

They are as follows:

daniela.jpg

johnny_caruth.jpg

ofer.jpg

ranjoy.jpg

tamz.jpg

woolf.jpg

yogev.jpg

some of them seem good but whats that warrior like guy with a opeth logo on top his head? I think that logo should be replace with the manowar's :)

No offense to those peeple, but the second and third drawings stink. They can draw, but its not for opeth. The last one looks real nice, i like the negative space with the opeth logo. The warrior has nothing to do with opeth though...

Am I the only one who thinks the next Opeth cover will be really ugly. Not that the drawings are ugly, but I just dont like the idea with the members on the cover. I like all the other covers...But I dont like this idea to be ohnest.

Detric said:
Am I the only one who thinks the next Opeth cover will be really ugly.

What you said was not a statement, it was a question. Anyway, I don't think that the band wanted the drawings for a cover, but I could be wrong.

Well, I like the one with Peter, and the one with big face of Mike, but besides that, they're too fucking weird and Opeth non-related for me. Wtf is up with the ninja warrior guy?!? Maybe he's Jack Frober?!? Lantern bearer?!?

Someone should really draw up some pictures of these Still Life characters that Mikael has never known about and mail them in for laughs. He'd laugh his fucking ass off when you attached a paper saying "Jack Frober from Moonlapse Vertigo". I would.

Someone should really draw up some pictures of these Still Life characters that Mikael has never known about and mail them in for laughs. He'd laugh his fucking ass off when you attached a paper saying "Jack Frober from Moonlapse Vertigo". I would.

im going to do it. :loco:

The one of Peter Lindgren shows a lot of talent...what's especially cool is when you look at just how few lines the guy actually used in order to do it. Especially with the faces, that's a real accomplishment.

While the warrior is drawn very well, I don't see its relevance to Opeth, either.

I dont know...some of those drawings show talent, ill agree with that...but i saw nothing which resembles what mikael asked for (except for that ghastly one with the 4 faces which looks like it was drawn with their feet)...not to mention, anything which would be album cover worthy. He didnt ask for sketches of live photos either... :err: