I - Between two worlds

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
I'm halfway through listening to this album for the first time and it seems like it's a winner.

For those of you who don't know, this is the new band put together by Abbath from Immortal. It in fact sounds exactly like Immortal, but has no superfast parts or blastbeats. It still has that cold and epic atmosphere and the typical Immortal staccato riffs (hope I use the term correctly).

The first song "The storm I ride" which leaked earlier is no indication of the rest of the album. The rest of the material is pure Immortal, with some damn awesome emotional guitar solos thrown in (listening to the one in the song Mountains right now).

Edit: On song 7 of 8 now. I must say I am very impressed by this album. Taking away the blastbeats and letting the epic parts take over makes me a very happy camper.

You may consider this my late recommendation. I never applied for the second round but got drafted anyway.

the way he sings... well :rolleyes:
the rest is not bad (I'm not a solos' fan but this one sounds really good). thanks for sharing.

well, am i going to appreciate BM now ? it seems yes.
subsidiary question : am i a real girl ? i'm starting to doubt hey :lol:

Funny, because when everyone heard the other song, they hated it (except me). :Smug:

Danalieshk said:
the way he sings... well :rolleyes:
the rest is not bad (I'm not a solos' fan but this one sounds really good). thanks for sharing.

well, am i going to appreciate BM now ? it seems yes.
subsidiary question : am i a real girl ? i'm starting to doubt hey :lol:

His vocals are very good :).

I finally got around to listening to this album. Great galloping riffs, sweet solos, and an epic feel? What's not to love?

I wonder if the U.S. will get those two bonus tracks I've heard about.

Edit: That "Highest mountains hear my call" part in the track "Mountains" sounds like Popeye.