I-Between Two Worlds

Krigloch hates Tape Nuts said:
I'll be getting this when it comes out.

Shhh the magic riff bottle is a secret!!!!!

"I think the album is alright. Its basically like a less thrashier, but catchier and melodic version of Immortal."

Actually instead of being BM with a little thrash it's now thrash with a shade of BM. Tons of thrash riffing appears on the album, and I loved it.

If it's influenced heavily by motorhead I think I'll pass on it... I don't get the attraction of Motorhead and many other "proto-metal" bands... Some of their songs have somewhat catchy melodies (rockwise), but like pretty much all rock it doesn't have the substance or re-listenability (sp?) of say, a quality death metal album.

WNxScythe said:
If it's influenced heavily by motorhead I think I'll pass on it... I don't get the attraction of Motorhead and many other "proto-metal" bands... Some of their songs have somewhat catchy melodies (rockwise), but like pretty much all rock it doesn't have the substance or re-listenability (sp?) of say, a quality death metal album.

Where the hell do you hear rock in Motorhead?

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
Where the hell do you hear rock in Motorhead?
Everywhere. They have typical verse/chorus patterns and "rocky" riffs (I'm not sure how you define that... it just feels more like rock to me than metal)... Obviously there's definitely some metal there, but to me at least it's more rock than metal. I guess it just comes down to where you draw the line between early metal, proto-metal, and hard rock. I know lots of people who consider Led Zeppelin to be "heavy metal" for example (and not people who are clueless about music, but metalheads like myself)

WNxScythe said:
Everywhere. They has typical verse/chorus patterns and "rocky" riffs (I'm not sure how you define that... it just feels more like rock to me than metal)... Obviously there's definitely some metal there, but to me at least it's more rock than metal. I guess it just comes down to where you draw the line between early metal, proto-metal, and hard rock. I know lots of people who consider Led Zeppelin to be "heavy metal" for example (and not people who are clueless about music, but metalheads like myself)

Since about, say, '78, Motorhead has been about blues influenced metal.

Anyway......I like the thrash/rock/BM vibe going on in these tracks - yes, it's different to Immortal, but then - if he (Abbath) wanted to write Immortal songs, he'd reform Immortal and do it, I reckon,