I-Between Two Worlds

Abbath listened to too much fucking Motorhead (or being in a Motorhead cover band rubbed off on him too much) when he wrote this album... it loses its energy after the first couple of tracks.

Omnis_Sathanas said:
Abbath listened to too much fucking Motorhead (or being in a Motorhead cover band rubbed off on him too much) when he wrote this album... it loses its energy after the first couple of tracks.

Impossible.

Listening to it for the first time now. It's kinda like a more rocking, groovier version of latter day Immortal. I thought they would sound like Grimfist, after seeing them described as blackened heavy metal. But they don't, and that's a good thing (Grimfist's latest CD is WAY too rock-ish for my tastes).

Life Sucks said:
Listening to it for the first time now. It's kinda like a more rocking, groovier version of latter day Immortal. I thought they would sound like Grimfist, after seeing them described as blackened heavy metal. But they don't, and that's a good thing (Grimfist's latest CD is WAY too rock-ish for my tastes).

...and their former album is tedious shite.

No bad....but not something I could listen to for very long. Both songs sound super repeditive to me.

I'm gonna brag a little and say that I saw these guys perform their first concert ever at this year's Hole in the Sky festival in Bergen, Norway! :cool:

Anyways, as a HUUUUGE fan of Immortal, I love this! Can't say I care for the bassist, but it doesn't matter in the long run, as it is Abbath that's running the show!

I think the album is alright. Its basically like a less thrashier, but catchier and melodic version of Immortal. I'd probably give the album a 7.5/10.