I bought some concert tickets today!

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Living in a major world capital has its advantages. I got tickets to see Nevermore September 24th and 25th, and....ARCTURUS October 5th...a band I NEVER thought I'd see live. I cant wait! Anyone seen Arcturus live? I hear they put on one hell of a show.

Ah so they are on sale? excellent. I'll have to figure out if it's going to be cheaper to go to Glasgow on the 21st or Dublin on the 22nd, they're both about the same distance, but one involves a boat... so not sure yet.

^ Do you have the new Hammerfall album? What are you thoughts on it (if you have it)? I think it's good. Secrets is an awesome song. Never Ever is cool, too. They usually make great ballads but some of the uptempo stuff isnt really good...

Devy_Metal said:
Living in a major world capital has its advantages. I got tickets to see Nevermore September 24th and 25th, and....ARCTURUS October 5th...a band I NEVER thought I'd see live. I cant wait! Anyone seen Arcturus live? I hear they put on one hell of a show.

Ahh, London... I'm gonna be making the short train journey down there to see Nevermore and Arcturus when they play too :headbang:

I would have seen Arcturus in London when they played back in January but unfortunately I didn't have any money... Oh well, should be better this time round as it's not part of a festival or something so they'd play a longer set, plus the new album is out in September so we'd get to hear tonnes of new material...

^ yep. im happy. the new song they put online sounds good even though it's a live reccording. vortex has an awesome voice and im glad hes singing, although garm is my favorite for that band...

Devy_Metal said:
^ yep. im happy. the new song they put online sounds good even though it's a live reccording. vortex has an awesome voice and im glad hes singing, although garm is my favorite for that band...

Garm is awesome, but in some ways it's better that Vortex is on vocals because now they get to tour and play live as Garm hated doing that shit apparently... I think I read somewhere that he only ever played live twice; once with Ulver and once with Arcturus...

Will Bozarth said:
hey, Mr. I Taunt America With Bands That Will Never Go There!

I have a message for you...

I'm seeing AGALLOCH in October. Munch on that :tickled:

wait a minute...agalloch are gonna tour?

Devy_Metal said:
They are, with 2 great looking female dancers giving a visual substance to some of the lyrics, and costumes that remind of "La Masquerade Infernale" days.
I saw them a year ago here, with Oyvind on vocals and not Hestenaes, Oyvind's voice was perfect (and in certain moments, better than what Garm sang in the songs). Simen is imo the best singer out there now, and im sure the show will be even better from the one i experienced. Their playlist is extremely balanced, and all the "must songs" are played. Their performance was F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S, i couldnt decide which one to admire more, Sverd? Hellhammer? Skoll? . You will be amazed.
Its incredible though.. Arcturus ARE the best progressive metal band of our days, and they are given so little of the attention they truly deserve.