I Can't Believe It! I TRULY CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I got a letter in the mail saying that my Sam Goody membership was going to expire. I knew this already since I didn't bother to renew my membership. I had recently been going to local CD stores to get my fix of heavy metal. And let's face it...the selection isn't that great at Sam Goody and the prices are even worse. But I still considered renewing my membership just in case I saw something I liked...

So I decided to make my way over to Sam Goodys to check things out. And for a moment it looked like nothing changed. Same old mainstream stuff. A couple of Metallica shirts I liked but other than that, not much. So I was headed out the door and a cover caught my eye immediately. I went to the section and found two CD's lying there...

OCEAN MACHINE AND INFINITY!!!

I kid you not, I literally gasped, picked them up and purchased them! MY COLLECTION IS COMPLETE!!! I am an Official Devin Townsen nut! Well, at least I feel that way...

Anyway, I haven't heard INFINITY yet (thought I doubt it's terrible). I HAD to pop in OCEAN MACHINE. I've wanted this CD for so long, and I had to listen to it. I had to.

And I will say this...it lived up to the hype...

AND THEN SOME. This CD, along with ACCELERATED EVOLUTION, hit me immediately when I listened to it. My only problem with it (and it's not really all that much of a problem) is that the CD should've ended with "Bastard." "The Death Of Music" should've been a bonus track. But like the past couple of CD's, Devin chooses to end great CD's with crappy final tracks, though out of all the crappy final tracks, "The Death Of Music" was the best without a doubt.

But to sum up OCEAN MACHINE and my favourite track "Bastard..."

:worship:

Another big thank you to my Devin Townsend brothers and sisters...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i hate that bit when you just had an orgasm.

toolsofthetrade said:
no never took the chance to listen to it. i think i should.

the Biomech album is perfect...However on my version the last song is the ballad "things beyond things"...and if you can listen to this one until the very last second...And then...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOUOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCH.... :D

gEoFf

oldlyonfreak said:
the Biomech album is perfect...However on my version the last song is the ballad "things beyond things"...and if you can listen to this one until the very last second...And then...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOUOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCH.... :D

gEoFf

:lol: that's the one! i know OM, and "Things...",

but with
no never took the chance to listen to it. i think i should.
i was referring to the front line assembly question.
;)

cheers

it's my favourite album, too. and Death Of Music isn't boring, it's beautiful...and so is Thing Beyond Things! the scream can be traumatizing though

what a glorious story indeed.

bastard is amazing. when dev sings "smells like piss and no one knows, and right now just to sleep would be all right" there is a faint melody....5 notes i believe, hidden under the music and it absolutely fills me with chills when i hear it...it's so eipc, and it's such a culmination of the entire album...that part of the song...just amazing.

BUT

funeral is the best song on the album!!!! WHAT AN OPENING!

voices in the fan as well....remarkable

NOW listen to Infinity. The second half of noisy pink bubbles....absolutely remarkable, listen at night with headphones!

im glad you got those albums, now remember to KEEP LISTENING TO THEM ALL, ALL THE TIME AND LET THEM GROW!!!