I Can't Believe It! I TRULY CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Alright...

I have officially heard all five albums. And the last one I listened to, INFINITY, was quite a doozy!

It was like a musical carnival! Very off the wall, yet grand and humourous as well. It differs greatly from the out-of-body experience known as OCEAN MACHINE. But again, that's what I love about this band...

I pretty much have five CD's that all have a different feel and I can pop in any one for any type of feeling...that's music, folks. My favourite bands have songs and albums that I can play for when I'm feeling a certain way, and Devin is no exception.

I really would like to see him live, and I have an opportunity next month. Mabye he'll sign my OCEAN MACHINE CD... :D

hm..... i will agree to the fact that the front line assembly album was weak, but it was the first time i heard devin townsend, so i have an attachment to it. but i really like strapping young lad.

Hydraleader said:
hm..... i will agree to the fact that the front line assembly album was weak, but it was the first time i heard devin townsend, so i have an attachment to it. but i really like strapping young lad.

Devin plays on Front Line Assembly's "Hard-Wired" - which is a strong industrial album in my opinion. A lot more invigorating than Millennium (but I like the single version of Millennium a lot.) My first Devin song was Mountain off mp3.com - I am hooked and own a lot of SYL/solo work and an Ocean Machine sweatshirt :>

i got me hoodie from the HDR shop i guess, along with me all-time-fave-not-only-by-embroidery-hhhhHATt!

infinity11.gif
OM14.gif

think ill have my montly dosis of Devy soon, its the highlight of the month definitly. Im actually finally beginning to get into AE also :) I put on Phycisist to get some action, Infinity when i want musical inspiration, then i put on Biomech to relax and then Terria to get the musical experience of a lifetime. No other artist can keep me hooked like Devy can.

I got my copy of Ocean Machine autographed when I spoke to Devin briefly at Scrape Records during the release party/autograph signing for Physicist when it came out in 2000. I'm pretty sure it's my favourite album ever, and I agree with Devy_metal that "Funeral" is the best track on it. In fact, I'd disagree with Demonspell's point on "The Death of Music" - although it's an excellent track, and acts as the unsettlingly restrained emotional climax of the album, I think "Funeral" is more indicitive of Ocean Machine's core sound - again, the beginning of the song conjures images of nothing but the ocean...

I also have a special place in my heart for "Thing Beyond Things". It's kinda my favourite song from the album, too (but then again, so is "Night" and "Hide Nowhere" and all the rest, so...)