I caved in and listened to Final Product today

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I know it has been out for a while, but I wanted to buy the album without downloading anything in advance, including the single that was released. But, I have been literally dreaming about Nevermore off and on while I've slept for the past week or two, and last night I woke up and said "fuck it, I have to hear this to abate my curiosity." I think the song is fantastic. The production is amazing and the guitar tone is just sick. The vocal lines and melodies are the best part of the song though. WD's voice sounds stronger than ever...glad he's healthy. great drumming and the guitar attack is great, too, and of course another cool solo by Loomis. if this is just a taste of the entire album and the rest is this good, I know this album will be a feast for the ears for many years to come. Now I just have to wait until July 26th...

NP - Final Product

It's a great song, but in my opinion there are even better ones on the album. So, stay optimistic because things are only gonna get better after you hear the whole thing.

I'm still really surprised that 'Psalm of Lydia' wasn't the single.

Moonlapse said:
It's a great song, but in my opinion there are even better ones on the album. So, stay optimistic because things are only gonna get better after you hear the whole thing.

I'm still really surprised that 'Psalm of Lydia' wasn't the single.

I agree Moonlapse- Psalm is great tune, but the hook in Medicated Nation is so contagious that I can't get it out of my head.....I love that one.:headbang:

Yes, I agree on both points. The album is full of catchy choruses, but if you think overall, what's the most 'radio-friendly' song, you'll probably come to the conclusion that it's 'Psalm of Lydia'.

I mean just listen to that intro riff... that's a hook in and of itself, not even mentioning the Opeth-y chorus and Death-y verse! I think a lot of people who haven't heard of Nevermore before would respond really well to that track.

Devy_Metal said:
I know it has been out for a while, but I wanted to buy the album without downloading anything in advance, including the single that was released. But, I have been literally dreaming about Nevermore off and on while I've slept for the past week or two, and last night I woke up and said "fuck it, I have to hear this to abate my curiosity." I think the song is fantastic. The production is amazing and the guitar tone is just sick. The vocal lines and melodies are the best part of the song though. WD's voice sounds stronger than ever...glad he's healthy. great drumming and the guitar attack is great, too, and of course another cool solo by Loomis. if this is just a taste of the entire album and the rest is this good, I know this album will be a feast for the ears for many years to come. Now I just have to wait until July 26th...

NP - Final Product
wow your sig is awesome

Thanks. I quoted Jeremy Rifkin from his eye-opening novel 'The End of Work.' He seems to be the only American intellectual who can see that modern western capitalism has potentially serious consequences for humanity. (I'm American, btw)... Anyways, it's a good read, as well as his newest that I'm currently reading, 'The European Dream.'

In my opinion, the album's best tracks are This Godless Endeavor, Sentient 6 and Bittersweet feast. This is Nevermore's bes work since DNB and POE, in fact..it just may grow on me even more than those albums. I bow to the mighty Nevermore! :worship: Seriously. My friend, who worships ALexi Laiho, thinks the new COB will destroy the new Nevermore. A-ha-ha. This album is untouchable, especially by Children of Bodom.

The 'final product' is a great song. I do feel it's a small portion compared to the other tracks. Just hearing that song is not going to spoil the 'album' if you're waiting to buy it just hearing it first that way. 'This Godless Endeavor' is probably nevermore's creative prime.

stand outs
This Godless Endeavor
A Future Uncertain
Sentient 6

There isn't a weak track on this disc. It may become my favorite Nevermore release, and that's saying a lot.
Favorite tracks:

1) This Godless Endeavor (what a crushing tune!)
2) Born (I can't get the excellent chorus out of my head)
3) Psalm Of Lydia (awesome opening riff!)
4) My Acid Words (another classic chorus)
5) Sentient 6 (great followup to The Learning)

:headbang: