I don't get it...

Hmmm....instead of me downloading loads of Opeth songs (I have have so many others to get, like commerical crap which ranges from Slipknot to Britney Spears, and unknown crap which ranges from Crooked to Tre'Lux.. I'm very open-minded :) although, I can't stand rap, hip hop, rnb etc.) or buying any Opeth albums (like before, so many other albums to get, and me being strapped for cash doesn't help much), I was wondering if maybe you's could suggest what you think Opeths' best song is.. you know, something which comes close to their whole theme (present and past, if possible).
(Man, that was one long sentence :Smug:..)
Any ideas?

Yeah dude, I would suggest Your Arms, My Hearse. I really believe that album was their greatest accomplishment to date, even more than the "godly" Damnation. I think it is just the riffage on that album, it is so bizarre(music theory-wise) yet so passionate and distressed. Every song is a masterpiece. So..........start with that :)
And Fourth Horseman, I agree with you about the whole Anathema board thing. Christ, I ruin every thread I post on there.....maybe because I am not posh or liberal enough. But Jesus, that is one hell of an elitist, holier-than-thou arena with all the British dry humour and exclusivity you can shake a finger at. And everyone there ends every fucking adjective with "like" as a suffix, even the non British residents. Who the hell started that anyways? Strangelight? Anyways, I stray from the topic at hand. Just venting a little :)

Oh, and I got dubbed the name "The Scrooge" there because I started a thread called The ADD Thread, because every single topic there branches off into a thousand others, kind of like the way AIDS attacks the immune system I am sure. I almost become hesitant when listening to Anathema these days when considering they are the fave band of some of those elitist fucks there. Sorry, I mean users.

I heard it's a Liverpool thing, how do you reckon ending a sentence with like is elitist, like? I'd think it was the opposite really, but I don't know.

The Drapery Falls is pretty much what Opeth has been about since Still Life. You should get that if anything, if you're only going to get one song.

Something that presents the first two albums the best is Advent, I guess.

BoF said:
tsk tsk tsk..... Tag dig sammen mand!

Hahaha, det har mere at gøre med latterlige Opeth fans end egentlig debat, du ved. Lang historie, men i er ikke alle lige skarpe, kan selvfølgelig ikke forestille mig det gælder de danske, haha.

:) Wow, looks like I struck a nerve with you posh bastards. If you think that your clever attacks are in someway affecting me, then I am sorry to disappoint you. I will have no part in a ridiculous verbal war because you fellas are too damned sensitive and full of yourselves. So if I were you, I would stop now, and go back to your nice little niche on the Anathema forum and post about shaven genitalia and all the other garbage you "elitist" lot enjoy ever so much. This will be the end of this for me, as I have no time to reflect upon such banality. Good day.

P.S. I always say it should be about the music. Perhaps the lot of you ought to reflect on that before you go off on another belligerent rant. But I doubt these words will have any lasting effect at all. So, how much longer till the Anathema board gets closed down again? Tick.....tock.......tick.....tock....

P.S.S. If you guys truly believe that saying "like" is the only criteria why I came to my conclusion that the lot of you are elitists, then you are even more dense and self-deluded than I thought. Drink a cheap beer and listen to some country music or something. Maybe then that will bring you back down to earth. Jesus.......

fair play - i have to admit i really enjoyed your post. but the genitalia thingie was a bit rude...
"like" is a cool thing anyway.... and we ARE elitists. hahaha :tickled:

autumnsphere said:
fair play - i have to admit i really enjoyed your post. but the genitalia thingie was a bit rude...
"like" is a cool thing anyway.... and we ARE elitists. hahaha :tickled:
Fair enough :) The genitalia thread was the one that stuck out most in my mind, along with the ass-split-apart picture thread that was on Antimatter's forum(temporary haven it would appear).

my favourite opeth song is the one where its dead melodic and that and then its dead heavy and its all a bit technical with a good bit in it.

oh thats all of them.

and my favourite katatonia song is the one where the vocals are melodic and mournful and the guitars pump out mourful chords to a groovy beat.

oh thats all of them.

and my favourite anathema song is the one where the guitarist goes on about insanity and his mother dying and other tragic stuff like that.

oh thats most of them.

just you wait...
by the way i meant no disrespect in these posts. just saying stuff..

Hey Danny, I hope my transgressions against the Anathema board isn't the reason that prompted your presence here :) At any rate, your humor is welcome and appreciated here :) And if I write "here" followed by a :) again, then I can officially be redundant. AND is brilliant, brilliant stuff, and I hope to hear more in the near future. Take care man :headbang: