I don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divest

Pure Evil
Nov 1, 2007
Where is music going nowadays? Every band is trying to sound like Suicide Silence and it's WORKING. Shitty bands like this are getting FAR more attention than they should.

What about Elysia, Catherine, or this piece of shit. The reason I single out all of these bands is because I've played with them all and they're a fucking joke. Even bands like Light This City aren't too impressive live. They're sloppy, unorganized and well, the chick's vocals are just... eh.

Suicide Silence is what they are... but why does every band have to follow and why the FUCK do people have to eat that shit up? There's other bands who deserve so much more attention but no, they don't have a catchy MySpace, they don't have pre-teen chicks write their band name on their tits, they don't have some sort of neon-pinkish yellow sea monster featured on every shirt they've ever had made. They don't have a break down and chant four times every song. It's bullshit.

I'm ranting now, but this shit needs to end. Does anyone here actually like any of those terrible bands? Now, I don't consider Light This City a terrible band, but I'm not so sure they should be as popular as they are.

Don't worry man I'd give this shitty gothencore trend a few years maybe 5-6 at most after that it'll eventually disappear.

I've never heard of any of those bands.

But if anything I'll second the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ argument.

I'm not even talking about all metalcore bands in particular, or all deathcore bands in particular, I'm just talking about particular ones that are getting far more attention than they deserve. I don't understand why this would be shut down, if anyone disagrees with me when I say that every band that I linked to above is fucking awful, I guarantee they're either dumb as a rock, or 13.

And yeah, the money thing is true... but fuck, I don't know. I just can't stand it when such a large group of people have such horrible taste in music. It's us fucking Americans that do it too. I don't think too many people outside of the country follows this God awful trend. My band and I need to get the hell out of here and move to Sweden or something.

Well, it's called booking an advertising agent; most well known bands are on huge labels that have the ability to divert huge amounts of cash into promoting a band in order to (hopefully) make more money off of the original investment.

Also, it's rather easy to see what type of music is in and which kind isn't. Hence why trends die - of course it's only a temporary death... (this is known as "retro-mancy")

I'm not worried about record sales. There's an endless supply of other bands and other sounds out there.

Well, it's called booking an advertising agent; most well known bands are on huge labels that have the ability to divert huge amounts of cash into promoting a band in order to (hopefully) make more money off of the original investment.

I can see that.

Also, I wonder if a lot of these labels sign these kids and screw them over with contracts? I mean, even if when these bands bomb out, the record company will still bank off the debt the bands then owe the label.

I just don't understand when there's other bands that I can see so much potential in, bands that could eventually reach In Flames, Arch Enemy, Killswitch status, are ignored for these god-awful children playing Korn chords in their garage.

Also, it's rather easy to see what type of music is in and which kind isn't. Hence why trends die - of course it's only a temporary death... (this is known as "retro-mancy")

I dunno, I think some trends may in fact die for good, I mean look at glam metal for example, it was huge 20 years ago now however its pretty much gone, same with disco. I don't see this deathcore/metalcore bullshit going for anymore than 5-6 years and then it will hopefully die forever.

I dunno, I think some trends may in fact die for good, I mean look at glam metal for example, it was huge 20 years ago now however its pretty much gone, same with disco. I don't see this deathcore/metalcore bullshit going for anymore than 5-6 years and then it will hopefully doe forever.

Both of those genres you mentioned were super gimmicky. Deathcore/metalcore has been around for awhile now, it's just gotten super popular and that's led all sorts of shitty bands to believe they're allowed to call themselves musicians. I hope this wave of shitty bands dies forever, but I don't think the GENRE will die.

Both of those genres you mentioned were super gimmicky. Deathcore/metalcore has been around for awhile now, it's just gotten super popular and that's led all sorts of shitty bands to believe they're allowed to call themselves musicians. I hope this wave of shitty bands dies forever, but I don't think the GENRE will die.

It hasn't been around for that long at all, I'm pretty sure disco was around for a solid 10 or so years, this new trend I think has been around for 5-7 years max. Deathcore was really made popular with the release of Job for a cowboy's "doom" ep/demo or maybe despised icons debut album which only came out in 2002. So really no more than 5 years.

Well, it depends if you're talking about metalcore or deathcore, which I sort of group together.

Metalcore has been around for nearly 20 years now, where as Deathcore has been around for just over 6 years.

Who knows anyways, no one thought boy bands would die out, but luckily here we are.

metal/deathcore is probably gonna die soon anyway. i havent heard many good material coming out of this genre lately, and alot of these bands are going/going to be going for a less core approach like between the buried and me, and job for a cowboy did.

Awesome, another metalcore hate thread.

Also, I wonder if a lot of these labels sign these kids and screw them over with contracts? I mean, even if when these bands bomb out, the record company will still bank off the debt the bands then owe the label.

Oh yeah for sure. Failed musicians are always a reliable source of superfluous cash.

I just don't understand when there's other bands that I can see so much potential in, bands that could eventually reach In Flames, Arch Enemy, Killswitch status, are ignored for these god-awful children playing Korn chords in their garage.

It's not really hard to understand at all. It's a trend. Trends spawn copy bands galore. Record companies would rather fork out cash to something that's more popular, because the chance of a return is higher. But obviously you knew that already, and have only started this thread so you and everyone else can come and whine about how shit metalcore/deathcore is.

Status
Not open for further replies.