NIB
Snowblind
Hand Of Doom
Into The Void
Heaven and hell
Neon Knights
Die Young
etc

Hand of Doom wins. The whole Wasp/ Behind the Wall of Sleep/ Bassically/ N.I.B. track is also the balls. I'm also a big fan of Die Young and, of course, Heaven and Hell.

:puke: You totally broke my post.

i listen to King Crimson... :headbang:

Good enough for me. :kickass:

metal has just progressed, and black sabbath didnt have very much innovation...meaning they never tried many new things after they invented their own genre.

I'm gonna have to call bullshit here. Considering all the experimentation on Sabotage, and the new direction they took with Heaven and Hell, I think it's fair to say they tried plenty of new things through their career.

What are your favorite Sabbath tunes? mine are:

Into the Void
Children of the Grave
War Pigs
Electric Funeral
Iron Man
Symptom of the Universe
Supernaut
Black Sabbath

Generally, their heavier, most metal songs.

All of Black Sabbath
All of Paranoid
All of Master of Reality

Continually coming to this thread always gets me pumped about Sabbath. Gods they're amazing.

Continually coming to this thread always gets me pumped about Sabbath.
Yeah same here. I listen to at least one Sabbath song everyday. I've been looking around Youtube for some Tony Martin live videos (why I asked if anyone had seen the Cross Purposes live video) and from what I can gather he was sick for most of the '94tour which is why he had to have his real high notes (I.E. "Headless Cross" chorus) pre-recorded. He still nails most of the songs though.

Black Sabbath is great. I own all the Ozzy era albums, and I enjoy the stuff with Dio, but its nothing compared to some of my favorites like Kreator, Testament, Venom, Dying Fetus and Sanctity.

metal has just progressed, and black sabbath didnt have very much innovation...meaning they never tried many new things after they invented their own genre.

Still, probably the biggest inspiration in all of metal.

:zombie: sabbath smokes those bands

Its goes on and on... Seeing RJ Dio with them last year was most fulfilling, he still sounds great but I still prefer Ozzy era - even though I have no desire to see Ozzy this year.

Heaven and Hell have more going for them now than normal Ozzy Sabbath has.
Yeah I don't see why they just dont call it Black Sabbath. Technically, the original Ozzy line up is "on hold" but Heaven and Hell are writing new material so it dosen't look like we'll get a new "Black Sabbath" album in some time. It's been 13 years since "Forbidden", which was a real low point for any Sabbath era if you ask me.

Iommi holds the legal rights to the name, but he probably didn't want to deal with Sharon's bitching and wanted to respect Ozzy's status as the Black Sabbath frontman.

Iommi holds the legal rights to the name, but he probably didn't want to deal with Sharon's bitching and wanted to respect Ozzy's status as the Black Sabbath frontman.
Smart on Tony's part. Sharon would be the first to file a lawsuit especially after Sabbath headlined Ozzfest in '04 and '05. But then again, they were managed by her father in the past, and Tony still kept the Black Sabbath name despite the numerous front-man/line-up changes.